Dallas needs to do only one thing to win again

Reaction score
Unfortunately getting a new GM isnt gonna happen. But I would love if they added another stud CB opposite of this guy, Trevon Diggs. He really started to come along very well and showed a ton of promise.

75boyz

Reaction score
Culture of accountability. Jerry is not the guy to hold players, coaches, front office personnel accountable.

This answers all past, present and future forum posts and questions.

This is THE answer.

So unless you told me "Jerry Jones sold the Cowboys" EVERY single thread/post/ question hinges on him being the boss and the culture/environment that he promotes and is NOT going to change.

It's called reality.

In the meantime all the Dak, coaching and defense posts can continue here but will never cause a changing of the Jones Family culture that is so firmly rooted.

Hard enough to win in "spite" of coaching.
Almost impossible to win in spite of coaching and GM'ing/ownership.
Throw in debatable QB'ing and you have the proverbial trifecta.

The Arlington Dakster McCarthy JonesBoys, once known as the beloved Dallas Cowboys from a time so long ago.

May you rest in peace, lol

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what are you doing starting an "I hate jerry thread" coach and bob hayes has that covered. smh rookies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Get a new GM. That's not happening so I guess what I say next is pretty mute also. But I can dream. What Dallas need to do before they even draft another player is to get a great head coaching hire. Since Johnson and Big Bill. We NEVER had a coach worth his wait in failure. I mean not to moan and groan. Why not though after nearly 25 years of mediocrity and losing. And anybody who disagreeing with me. Has to realize how many sorry butt to average teams have turned it around while Dallas continues to be Dallas. Year after year:facepalm: I mean the friggin Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs and more respectable now then Dallas. And with a lucky win they tie us in as far as we've ever gone in nearly 25 years. So for me I really could careless about the draft or trades etc. Seen it for 25 years over and over yet every year here we are. I'm gonna always be a Dallas Cowboy fan team wise. But as far as this organization goes? In my mind they are none existent sorta like a winning season anymore in Dallas. I don't think big Mac Mike is the right hire. I could of swore I was watching Jason Garrett 2.0 at times out there. Dallas needs to go get a young coach who can bring in new idea's and have been battle tested as Oc's or DC's. Even the Browns coach would of been a better hire then Big Mac Mike. He at least gave us one of our best O lines and rushing numbers when he was here in Dallas. Big Mac Mike IMO is just another puppet coach Jerry can pull the strings on. Same with Nolan. What on God's green Earth possessed Jones to go along with this hire??? Guy never was a good DC. Been out of football like Big Mac Mike had. And Jerry hires them. The only people I feel more sorry for the us Dallas fans. Are the players who have to practice and try to win under this brain dead organization and the non coaching guys they bring in.
Peace.

Old news buddy. No one likes Jones as GM. Time to get over it and move on. Jerry isnt going anywhere. At least the horrid Garrett is stinking up the coaching for someone else these days.

First draft under MM was stellar. Can he make it two in a row?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Culture of accountability. Jerry is not the guy to hold players, coaches, front office personnel accountable.

Jerry can screw the pooch for 25 plus years as gm so why should anyone else be accountable

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People like to fixate on the job title but Jones doesn't actually do anything differently than most owners in the NFL. Mara and Lurie operate much the same with veto power and meddling. Snyder is much much worse.

I can name many more owners that are very similar I was just pointing out in our own division.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People like to fixate on the job title but Jones doesn't actually do anything differently than most owners in the NFL. Mara and Lurie operate much the same with veto power and meddling. Snyder is much much worse.

I can name many more owners that are very similar I was just pointing out in our own division.

This is true. The only difference is there is still a guy, usually GM in name that gets held accountable. We don't really. We have a system where the HC, Owner, owners son, vp of personnell all kinda share power which makes it harder to execute a singular vision. We can fire the HC but does Mike have full authority of the roster, of even his staff, etc.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Get a new GM. That's not happening so I guess what I say next is pretty mute also. But I can dream. What Dallas need to do before they even draft another player is to get a great head coaching hire. Since Johnson and Big Bill. We NEVER had a coach worth his wait in failure. I mean not to moan and groan. Why not though after nearly 25 years of mediocrity and losing. And anybody who disagreeing with me. Has to realize how many sorry butt to average teams have turned it around while Dallas continues to be Dallas. Year after year:facepalm: I mean the friggin Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs and more respectable now then Dallas. And with a lucky win they tie us in as far as we've ever gone in nearly 25 years. So for me I really could careless about the draft or trades etc. Seen it for 25 years over and over yet every year here we are. I'm gonna always be a Dallas Cowboy fan team wise. But as far as this organization goes? In my mind they are none existent sorta like a winning season anymore in Dallas. I don't think big Mac Mike is the right hire. I could of swore I was watching Jason Garrett 2.0 at times out there. Dallas needs to go get a young coach who can bring in new idea's and have been battle tested as Oc's or DC's. Even the Browns coach would of been a better hire then Big Mac Mike. He at least gave us one of our best O lines and rushing numbers when he was here in Dallas. Big Mac Mike IMO is just another puppet coach Jerry can pull the strings on. Same with Nolan. What on God's green Earth possessed Jones to go along with this hire??? Guy never was a good DC. Been out of football like Big Mac Mike had. And Jerry hires them. The only people I feel more sorry for the us Dallas fans. Are the players who have to practice and try to win under this brain dead organization and the non coaching guys they bring in.
Peace.
Before I even opened the thread, I thought:
Jerry stepping down, lol

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Score more points than the other team. That should help get things going in the right direction.
No they should stop other teams from scoring more points than they score. That is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones problem. Offense scores points and defense wins championships.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peace.
The first sentence says it all. No peace till then.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Peace.
so your screaming into the abyss

Last edited:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I just don't get why they keep scoring less than the other teams. I don't think anyone has ever won a game doing that. It's just bad strategy.

Its very hard to win when FGs are worth less than TDs...just can't seem to catch up.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
A helicopter crash in Frisco may do the trick!

I kidd, I kidd

Haimerej

Reaction score
No they should stop other teams from scoring more points than they score. That is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones problem. Offense scores points and defense wins championships.

As long as they end the game with more points they should win.