Dallas next HC might already be in dallas

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer came under fire in recent weeks for the performance of the Cowboys' defense. His seven-figure contract is up, but Jerry Jones supports the longtime Cowboys assistant.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

i dont know how i would feel about this, but seems like jerry likes zimmer

Jerry Jones says he wants Bill Parcells to come back for another season, but those who have been paying attention doubt he means it. Jones has dropped too many hints. Most figure, if Jones ultimately opts for a change, he will make this appear to be Parcells' decision so the two can part amicably.
-- San Antonio Express-News

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm for this -- only because I'd love to see the reaction of some of the posters here who I find especially annoying.

But I really think this just suggests how clueless the writers can be. We've heard Zimmer as HC and Zimmer not coming back. That's about as wide a range of opinions as you can have.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Jerry needs to stop liking him and fire his arse!!!!!!

Pleaaase Jerry, fire Mike Zimmer, and hire Wayne Nunnely...defensive line coach from the Chargers!!!! He is one of the best in the business, and actually can run a 3-4 defense!!!!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
With the way the D stank it up all of december, Zimmer is NOT going to be getting much interest.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
abersonc;1300979 said:
I'm for this -- only because I'd love to see the reaction of some of the posters here who I find especially annoying.

lol, i was thinking the same thing:lmao:

Jay

Reaction score
I, like many others, do not like Zimmer for what our defense has become/hasn't become. But.. we were all calling for Sean Payton to be fired last year, and we were all happy to see him go to New Orleans.

1) Who is calling the plays in New Orleans?

2) If it is indeed Sean, then maybe Zimmer being head coach wouldn't be that bad. Why? Because maybe it's Parcells limiting what Zimmer does and does not call. We saw what Payton has become in New Orleans, a great play caller, something that he wasn't here.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Before BP, before the 3-4, Zimmer was the same way he is now. Bend, react, play conservative, nothing fancy, etc. BP is doing nothing to hold him back; the D is playing exactly the way all Zimmer Ds have played for years BEFORE BP ever got here.

Jay

Reaction score
dbair, your sig pic cracks me up everytime.. :lmao2:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Jay;1301019 said:
I, like many others, do not like Zimmer for what our defense has become/hasn't become. But.. we were all calling for Sean Payton to be fired last year, and we were all happy to see him go to New Orleans.

1) Who is calling the plays in New Orleans?

2) If it is indeed Sean, then maybe Zimmer being head coach wouldn't be that bad. Why? Because maybe it's Parcells limiting what Zimmer does and does not call. We saw what Payton has become in New Orleans, a great play caller, something that he wasn't here.

ding ding ding, looks like we got a winner.

i dont know how zimmer would do, but atleast u realise that zimmer had to stay in parcells parameters. something alot of people dont understand, and think zimmer actually has freedom to do whatever he wants.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
abersonc;1301033 said:
But that's all you talk about.

yeah because honestly its been whats holding us back for years...but I've pretty much made my last post on it...I'm hoping they do the right thing and get a really bright guy in to run the defense, but my big fear is even with Zimmer gone things might not change because Parcells might not allow anyone to do anything different...hope that isnt the case if Parcells stays

thats why I support GROTA now

David

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
In that same article, it says tha Jerry is non-commital to signing Zimmer to another contract now that this contract has expired.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
LatinMind;1301032 said:
i dont know how zimmer would do, but atleast u realise that zimmer had to stay in parcells parameters. something alot of people dont understand, and think zimmer actually has freedom to do whatever he wants.
IOW, since he hasn't really been in charge of the defense, let's put him in charge of the whole team.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
percyhoward;1301068 said:
IOW, since he hasn't really been in charge of the defense, let's put him in charge of the whole team.

again if u read what i typed, all this is based and that part of the article. i dont care who is the next coach, i really dont have a preference. aslong as dallas gets better. u all seem the ones who are having a heart attack over who or who will not be coach.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If zimmer is named head coach this board will have a pretty big meltdown.
Personally, I wouldn't be thrilled but would support him as HC unless it appeared he was way over his head.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I can actually understand not firing Zimmer as the defensive coordinator. As much as I'd be "for" firing him, I can see some sort of argument being made to the contrary.

Zimmer for head coach, though? Laughable -- which is exactly what the rest of the league would be doing should the Cowboys make that move.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
LatinMind;1301080 said:
again if u read what i typed, all this is based and that part of the article. i dont care who is the next coach, i really dont have a preference. aslong as dallas gets better. u all seem the ones who are having a heart attack over who or who will not be coach.
So you don't care who the next coach is, but you understand Zimmer's role better than most, and you care about how he is perceived.

Got it.