Twitter: Dallas restructured the deals of Zeke and La'el today

Kwyn

Reaction score
Just cut Crawford. Anyways why restructure contracts now? This better be good.
Because other than jus sitting on the sidelines watching other teams sign players, this is the only way to maintain cap space?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not really, over 20 players from the 53 man roster hit the open market today... so far we’ve signed Cooper, Jarwin, and tagged Dak. There’s A LOT of holes to fill and not a lot of cap room to fill them.

Dak’s whole franchise tag money (roughly $33m) counts towards the cap this year, so that handicaps us.

Sure, but Quinn, Cobb and maybe Anthony Brown are the only ones critical to resign. You could count guys like Sean Lee and Ladouceur but they aren't leaving. Joe Looney is probably in that group as well.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Not really, over 20 players from the 53 man roster hit the open market today... so far we’ve signed Cooper, Jarwin, and tagged Dak. There’s A LOT of holes to fill and not a lot of cap room to fill them.

Dak’s whole franchise tag money (roughly $33m) counts towards the cap this year, so that handicaps us.

I thought they had close to 90m to work with. 33 for Dak and 20 for Coop still leaves about 47 for the rest.

Crawford needs cut before I’d restructure anyway.

ultron

Reaction score

Mr_437

Reaction score
Because other than jus sitting on the sidelines watching other teams sign players, this is the only way to maintain cap space?
Where have you been the last 3 to 4 years? The Joneses usually go on vacation about this time...sidelines is an understatement.

I gather your expecting a flurry, we'll see. Quinn, Cobb n Lee is about all they'll do before signing guys on the cheap.