Dallas to host 2018 Draft

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like someone else said, The Star in Frisco would've been a nice place to have the draft and showcase the new facility at the same time. The Ford Center holds 12,000 which would be a good number for the draft itself. Then you have multiple practice fields where fans can enjoy the NFL Experience stuff. You also have that special area where the Ring of Honor players are honored. And don't forget the Omni Hotel for out of towners who can afford it. It just seems like the perfect setup. Of course AT&T holds more people and has the humongous videoboard, but I doubt if 100,000 will show up for the draft anyway so The Star would make more sense to me. Perhaps they will have activities at both places.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Like someone else said, The Star in Frisco would've been a nice place to have the draft and showcase the new facility at the same time. The Ford Center holds 12,000 which would be a good number for the draft itself. Then you have multiple practice fields where fans can enjoy the NFL Experience stuff. You also have that special area where the Ring of Honor players are honored. And don't forget the Omni Hotel for out of towners who can afford it. It just seems like the perfect setup. Of course AT&T holds more people and has the humongous videoboard, but I doubt if 100,000 will show up for the draft anyway so The Star would make more sense to me. Perhaps they will have activities at both places.

That's all great and all, but Gene Jones didn't decorate the practice facility.

Honestly though, Jerry didn't build that stadium so it could sit empty while people hang out at the practice facility. 3 days of constant reminders that the draft is being held in AT&T Stadium is probably worth a lot more to Jerry than any amount of coverage of his practice facility.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How much parking do they have at the Star? I've been there and it seemed like parking was limited.

I know they have high school games there so there must be some amount of parking but I'm not certain how much.

Also media access enmass might be an issue. They probably have multiple 18-wheelers for the networks.

In terms of just people, the Star seems like the perfect size.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well I guess this will be the cowboys big post season splash last year it was all the awards the players and coaches got cause it sure hasn't been playoff wins

waldoputty

Reaction score
That would't help him in Texas. If one of thousands of Deer Hunters decided to take him out then a Kevlar vest wouldn't help him...

:lmao:
goodell security plan:
1. bullet proof limo
2. laser googles against high power (100mW type) laser pointers
3. flack jacket and armored helmet inside stadium with metal detector checks for concealed weapons and lasers
4. taster for his food
5. be inside at all times possible

hqdefault.jpg