*** Dallas UDFA Signings ***

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
speedkilz88;4538828 said:
Jerry just said that they signed Ron Leary but he has an injury. They had him ranked high.

Yes! According to reports, Bill Callahan worked out Leary in Memphis and in Dallas. This is the guy that I wanted in the pipe-line behind Nate Livings. I wanted the Cowboys to draft him, and they nabbed him after the draft. Leary should make this team if healthy. I think he has a great chance, anyway.

I was glad the Rams passed on him in the 7th round, because they had Leary and Nate Livings in for visits.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
JeffInDC;4539063 said:
Wasn't Newman 25 his rookie year?

He was but Newman came in and you knew he was going to play from year 1. Not a lot of time for development with guys like this.

Woods

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4539060 said:
[youtube]1XU34I3duRw[/youtube]

People commenting on this were wanting him for their teams in the 3rd...

Interesting.

edit: THIS GUY IS A BEAST!

who are you talking about?

EDIT: nevermind, the video has popped up now

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Interesting.

Wow.......actually kind of impressed.

Alright, I've seen enough. I like him only because he HITS the QB. He doesn't wrap him up and drag him down, he hits the **** out of him.

nathanlt

Reaction score

Interesting.

If he had been drafted in the 3rd by Dallas, I don't think too many would have complained. He seems like a guy who WILL play for Dallas this year, and is probably more likely to than the other guys in rounds 4-7 this year. I like this signing, a WHOLE lot.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
SDogo;4539074 said:
He was but Newman came in and you knew he was going to play from year 1. Not a lot of time for development with guys like this.

Very true. HOWEVER, as long as he is good at getting to the QB, he could stick around. This team needs more pressure guys, and 22.5 sacks is a LOT at any level of football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
nathanlt;4539096 said:
If he had been drafted in the 3rd by Dallas, I don't think too many would have complained. He seems like a guy who WILL play for Dallas this year, and is probably more likely to than the other guys in rounds 4-7 this year. I like this signing, a WHOLE lot.

I was impressed with Erik Walden when we drafted him a few years ago. He had some pretty good sack numbers, too. We'll see if this one turns out better for Dallas.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
nathanlt;4539096 said:

Victor Butler better watch out.