Dallas versus the West

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The West divisions of each conference made strong cases for being the toughest, deepest divisions. Five of their 8 teams made the playoffs. Three of the final four teams playing were West teams. West teams are 7-2 in these playoffs against non-West teams - the two non-West losses being to Cincinnati.

How did Dallas fare against West teams? The Cowboys went 1-5, including 0-4 at home. Dallas' other loss was to Tom Brady's Bucs. Dallas went 11-0 against everyone else. Who were they? NFC East teams, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Minnesota, and New England. Two of those teams stumbled into the playoffs, Eagles and Patriots, and got blown out.

So 1-6 versus the two best divisions and Tom Brady. This is the team Jerry declared to be "Super Bowl or bust", which happens when your personnel guy can't objectively look at his own team. Me? I bet on the 49ers. Even after the Niners loss Jerry still couldn't believe what happened, despite having access to the info presented here.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Love the positivity, but after 25-26 yrs of the same thing, it can sour a person.Anyway, they’re my team and I’ll root hard till the day I die.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The West divisions of each conference made strong cases for being the toughest, deepest divisions. Five of their 8 teams made the playoffs. Three of the final four teams playing were West teams. West teams are 7-2 in these playoffs against non-West teams - the two non-West losses being to Cincinnati.

How did Dallas fare against West teams? The Cowboys went 1-5, including 0-4 at home. Dallas' other loss was to Tom Brady's Bucs. Dallas went 11-0 against everyone else. Who were they? NFC East teams, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Minnesota, and New England. Two of those teams stumbled into the playoffs, Eagles and Patriots, and got blown out.

So 1-6 versus the two best divisions and Tom Brady. This is the team Jerry declared to be "Super Bowl or bust", which happens when your personnel guy can't objectively look at his own team. Me? I bet on the 49ers. Even after the Niners loss Jerry still couldn't believe what happened, despite having access to the info presented here.
I just think the Cowboys peaked mid season. Defense got better but the offense was too up and down. Moore has no idea how to get a running game going. OL play was hot garbage in the second half plus the injuries to Zeke and Pollard. They just could not overcome that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Yeah, and I hear from HOMERS are we have an ELITE QB........Ha-Haaaaaaaa! The Boys got their ***** handed to them because of the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot. Any time the Boys went up against a GOOD TEAM the SLOTH was fricking horrible, too slow reading defenses and tooo slow finding WIDE OPEN RECs & TEs.

JBS

Reaction score
Facts are the facts. This team wasn’t good enough vs the good teams. It is what it is. Players and coaches to blame and of course the idiots up top.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol!!! Let it go.....we will be in the SB next year and Dak will be MVP! Go Cowboys!
3ocCzfB.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Facts are the facts. This team wasn’t good enough vs the good teams. It is what it is. Players and coaches to blame and of course the idiots up top.

I hope someone in the Star can take off the blinders and look at the games this team lost, rather than its wins.

You don't learn much from rolling up points against bad teams. Losing to good ones will expose your weaknesses, so you know where you need to improve.

I realize this sort of thread runs afoul of the blind optimism some folks seem to enjoy, but blind optimism won't fix the weak spots on the Cowboys. Unfortunately, the owner/GM seems to look at his team the same way as optimistic fans so how can he be expected to fix it?

RonWashington

Reaction score

Good post . Like I said in an earlier thread somewhere we came within a Zuerlein 56 yarder from going 0 for AFC West ….

Denver blew us out . A 7-10 club who’s coach was fired had Dallas down 30-0 in a Dallas home game . That was the five alarm fire that smoldered all season until the towering inferno of one and done in post season . Beating the Joe Judges of the world and Danny Snyder’s commando brigade is fools gold.