Dallas vs Green Bay

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Please explain to me how and why we lost to Green Bay?

I blame this loss squarely on the coaching staff for not running the ball enough. That game was probably the difference between the #1 & #5 seed in the playoffs
you are assuming we beat Philly next time around...big assumption.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Not running enough when up 14.
Playoff Saints level PI not called didn’t help.
Not stopping that 4th down while up 14.
Rodgers and the team played their best game of the year.
CD ran a bad route
Dak threw a bad int in the end zone.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I blame this loss squarely on the coaching staff for not running the ball enough. That game was probably the difference between the #1 & #5 seed in the playoffs
It’s the NFL. Explain to me how the chiefs lost to the colts this year. Or how the ravens lost to the jaguars. Or how the eagles got pistol whipped by the commanders. It’s the NFL. It’s the most unpredictable league in sports- every year.

stinkface

Reaction score
The only good thing is based on what Green Bay is doing "IF" we are in the playoffs we won't have to play them again. Probably won't have to play Brady either as they seem to be sucking. That said, Tampa is in a Division where if you win half of your games your in. PS. We never beat a good QB in the playoffs. That seems to be written in stone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Maybe they're just better than us

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The only good thing is based on what Green Bay is doing "IF" we are in the playoffs we won't have to play them again. Probably won't have to play Brady either as they seem to be sucking. That said, Tampa is in a Division where if you win half of your games your in. PS. We never beat a good QB in the playoffs. That seems to be written in stone.

Sucking we would still lose

Loso86

Reaction score

Because they played us like it was the SB. Most teams give us their best!. Didn't help that our OC refused to run the clock put up 28-14

erod

Reaction score

Simple. Green Bay was gashing us for 10 yards per running play, and Rodgers was doing what he always does against Dallas.

That was squarely on Quinn and the front 7.

Staubacher

Reaction score
GB kept scoring and coming back on Philly too in the 4th, even after Rodgers left the game. The difference is Philly's QB didn't disappear and he kept putting up first downs and points to secure the win

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The 1992 Dallas cowboys lost to the Rams that would finish 6-10. That 92 team just might have been the best ever.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Because they played us like it was the SB. Most teams give us their best!. Didn't help that our OC refused to run the clock put up 28-14
The Cowboys never had the ball up 28-14.

They ran 4 out of 8 plays on the series when up 28-21.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Plenty of reasons, but ultimately the Cowboys weren't ready to play.

GB was coming off a game where they were embarrassed and now their season was on the line. You play a desperate team with a HOF QB coming off an MVP season you better be ready regardless of their record. The truth is GB really isn't that bad either, especially now that their vet receivers are getting healthy and the young guys like Watson are stepping up.

As far as the Cowboys go though.....

Defense couldn't stop the run if their lives depended on it
Offense coasted in the 4th quarter and couldn't put up a score to end it
Some questionable coaching decisions (why not run on 3rd down in 4 down territory?)

Add in a few questionable calls (or no calls) by the officials and it's an easy recipe for an L.

Total team loss in Green Bay. Gotta be ready to play every week in the NFL. Despite what the narrative is there are no Eastern Michigans or Kent States on the schedule. Even Houston took Philly down to the wire a few weeks back.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Agree about the impact of that loss on the playoff seeding.
The regular season matters folks.
Being consistent is underated.