Dallas vs Green Bay

Mannix

Reaction score
The 1992 Dallas cowboys lost to the Rams that would finish 6-10. That 92 team just might have been the best ever.
Lost to an average Browns team a couple years later on Thanksgiving...Novacek slipped and came up about a yard short of the goal line on the final play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs and go deep in the playoffs, they have to find ways to win games. You can’t be coughing up 14 point leads to bad teams and compete for a championship. Although Green Bay hung in with Philly last night, the Eagles didn’t allow them to come back. They imposed their will on Green Bay. They beat up Aaron Rodgers and we didn’t! They ended up putting him on the sidelines. The games that concern me the most that are coming up for the Cowboys are against Indy, Houston and Jacksonville. We’ll see if we show up for those games or are looking ahead to Philly, Tennessee and Washington.
The offense MUST help the defense keep pace. And especially not turn it right back over and make the D go back out.

I'm not going to excuse the defense getting punked yet again by Rodgers. But I'm not giving the offense a free pass either. I bet just one time-eating drive and ONE score....would have won that game. Choked when we need them to impose their will....isn't this supposed to be a top offense? So okay then help the D.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we went up 28-14 is when I actually got the most nervous....strange, but true....texted my brother and said, "watch GB start scoring now....if we don't get at least 3 points, we are gonna lose by 3 in OT"....we all saw what happened.
You beat me to it.

A long drive and even just 3 points....might have made all the difference.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:

Big Mac made a comment in the Giants Press Conference about liking Kellen’s performance because ‘he stayed patient.’ I’m not saying Dak is a World Beater, and maybe the problem is Kellen believing in Dak more than everyone else, but the guy still has an inconsistent knock for pass/rush game management. Although like someone else said, I’m sure not having Zeke also made them more aggressive on passing. Big Mac needs to mold his young buck on clock control the same way Parcells did Sean Payton.
Another "you beat me to it". Manage that clock....help the defense by keeping them on the bench. And by god don't give them a freebie turnover!

Loso86

Reaction score
:hammer:

Big Mac made a comment in the Giants Press Conference about liking Kellen’s performance because ‘he stayed patient.’ I’m not saying Dak is a World Beater, and maybe the problem is Kellen believing in Dak more than everyone else, but the guy still has an inconsistent knock for pass/rush game management. Although like someone else said, I’m sure not having Zeke also made them more aggressive on passing. Big Mac needs to mold his young buck on clock control the same way Parcells did Sean Payton.
Big Mac needs to take over playcalling then. And unfortunately kM isn't his young buck he's Jerry's lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Up 28-14 in the 4th qtr WE THREW THE BALL 22 MORE TIMES!. Point being it was unnecessary
We were never up by that with the ball. They never had the ball and a 2 score lead.

Passes tend to pile up late in halves/OT because of the clock.

But I checked, and you're numbers are wrong. They threw 13 more times. I think your 22 number is their total plays. So, 13 passes, 9 rushes. At least 3 passes were 3rd and long. One was the final "Hail Mary" dump it off to Turpin and see if he can make a play to end regulation (which followed a run).

Edit: Checking to verify, the team ran 23 plays after scoring their last TD. At play 18, it was an even split - 9 runs, 9 passes. At play 21, it would have been 10 rushes to 11 passes, but the carry on that play was called back for a holding penalty. That made it 2nd and 19. From that point, there were 3 pass plays (understandably).

The narrative isn't based on reality.

Last edited:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Not running enough when up 14.
Playoff Saints level PI not called didn’t help.
Not stopping that 4th down while up 14.
Rodgers and the team played their best game of the year.
CD ran a bad route
Dak threw a bad int in the end zone.

We got too pass happy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please explain to me how and why we lost to Green Bay?

I blame this loss squarely on the coaching staff for not running the ball enough. That game was probably the difference between the #1 & #5 seed in the playoffs
Defense caved late….Roger’s torched us late.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Simple. Green Bay was gashing us for 10 yards per running play, and Rodgers was doing what he always does against Dallas.

That was squarely on Quinn and the front 7.

If we played them again, I think we'd go back to attacking instead of trying to "play big" to stop the run. Quinn overthought it, putting the MPP at linebacker too much in that game. We had a bye week to think about it, and we thought wrong.

Proof

Reaction score

I blame this loss squarely on the coaching staff for not running the ball enough. That game was probably the difference between the #1 & #5 seed in the playoffs

amongst the other things already named off, I think the fact they kept pinning us deep with punts really played a factor.

bark

Reaction score
Because WR Watson caught 3 TD passes...

I would always over-focus on pass defense vs Aaron Rodgers. The Cowboys could have given up more rushing yards and still won if they had eliminated 1 of those receiving TDs.
- The Cowboys gave up 240 rushing yards in the Bears game but still won.
This is the correct answer.
It’s mind numbing to watch a team gash us on the ground, but we don’t lose that game without the home run balls from Rodgers.
Stop the run or prevent the chunk plays but when you don’t do either, it’s a L

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the correct answer.
It’s mind numbing to watch a team gash us on the ground, but we don’t lose that game without the home run balls from Rodgers.
Stop the run or prevent the chunk plays but when you don’t do either, it’s a L
Yes, when you play Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, you have to make pass defense the top priority. I don't care if Rodgers is throwing left handed or if it's 5 years from now and Brady is still playing...

GINeric

Reaction score

Zeke was missing, abandoning the run when we had the lead, and the defense choked the lead away.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Zeke was missing, abandoning the run when we had the lead, and the defense choked the lead away.
They didn't abandon the run when they had the lead.

It was earlier in the game when Dallas had a pass heavy split. While they built their lead.