Dallas WFAA TV announces Dale Hansen retirement

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m really disappointed there hadn’t been more views and or comments. It was my most frequented Facebook post this week besides Drew/ Roger.

Which tells me we don’t have many locals frequent this site or page as this was the biggest news this week in Dallas besides Dew Pearson announcing Staubach was going to be his presenter at HOF induction,

Blake

Reaction score
I’m a central Texan. We always had the Dallas channels. Grew up watching/listening to the guy. Man, I’m old. He certainly earned his retirement and I hope he gets to enjoy it for many years to come.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My fondest memory of him was not actually on WFAA but his replaying of that two part interview he did on WFAA with Booger on Galloway's show. That was the most I laughed during a sports talk show ever.

Hardline

Reaction score
Good sports journalist but the guy was a complete fool when he spoke on other subjects.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
I’ll always appreciate Dale as his “Thank God for Kids” segment that’s been around for 35 years or so featured my high school team but yea, Dale wandering into topics beyond sports is always shaky lol

T-RO

Reaction score
I’m really disappointed there hadn’t been more views and or comments. It was my most frequented Facebook post this week besides Drew/ Roger.

Which tells me we don’t have many locals frequent this site or page as this was the biggest news this week in Dallas besides Dew Pearson announcing Staubach was going to be his presenter at HOF induction,

Some of these secondary forums don't get much traffic.

Dale was a bit of a blowhard at times, but he definitely was articulate and entertaining. Hansen/Sham in the radio booth for 90's Cowboys was something special.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ll always appreciate Dale as his “Thank God for Kids” segment that’s been around for 35 years or so featured my high school team but yea, Dale wandering into topics beyond sports is always shaky lol
But those topics he took on usually involved sports or athletes.

And applaud WFAA providing Dale a platform for his “ unplugged” narratives which made national news.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some of these secondary forums don't get much traffic.

Dale was a bit of a blowhard at times, but he definitely was articulate and entertaining. Hansen/Sham in the radio booth for 90's Cowboys was something special.
Yea, I tried posting in main forum but didn’t accept. Dale and Brad were best Cowboys broadcasters. Used to turn down sound on TV to listen in.

Dale represented how many of us ole diehard Cowboy fans felt after Jimmy left. And while remaining a fan bashed our ownership at every turn rightfully so.