Video: Dalton posts very good Week 5 numbers

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens when the other team game plans for him starting the entire game.

I am not saying he will not play well, but less than a half played by itself does not validate his stats, good or bad.
Party pooper
.:laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Party pooper
.:laugh:

Unfortunately, about half the people that come to this website aren't actual Cowboys fans. At least, it seems that way. So many don't seem to take the most absurd opinions that have nothing to do with what benefits this team. They can't be happy about whatever good comes about for the team, nor do they really care when harm comes to us. It's really symptomatic of opponents, when you think about it.

I think we possibly have more trolls than any other team's website. I guess it's the price we have to pay when we get responses from all over the country. Some are fans, while others are anything but real Cowboys' fans. Secretively, they often seem to enjoy our failings.

Apparently, popularity has its downsides. The situation of being America's team isn't exactly a walk in the park, if talking to real fans happens to be your preference. Anyway, here's hoping things improve, so even our fake fans can be relatively satisfied. ;)

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Same criteria for Dak. Dalton is stat padding until he does it vs a team with a winning record. And even if Zeke is a no show, Dalton has to carry the offense.

Not sure how leading us to victory against any team is stat padding. Stat padding generally refers to when you put up big numbers when a game is out of reach and the defense is just playing prevent to make sure you don't score enough for it to matter.

garyo1954

Reaction score
For those who go by Madden ratings:

Andy Dalton was 15th with an 81 with Goff and Carr.
Dak was 8th with an 84, 1 point ahead of Mayfield, Roethlisberger, and Watson, and 5 points behind 7th Matt Ryan at 89.

3 Madden points between Dak and Andy!
We're talking Monopoly money, but what's the difference in an 81 playing for the Bengals and an 83 Cowboy?

https://www.businessinsider.com/mad...acks in,Angeles Chargers — 94 Overall. More

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure how leading us to victory against any team is stat padding. Stat padding generally refers to when you put up big numbers when a game is out of reach and the defense is just playing prevent to make sure you don't score enough for it to matter.

Correct. To complete 2 downfield passes along the sideline to put this team in position to win the game on a last second field goal.....That is not padding stats that is winning a game.

shabazz

Reaction score
Because Shabazz is known for keeping it 100, one must consider the strength of the opposing defense Dalton has faced before the coronation. However one must consider that he came off the bench cold and hadn't ever taken a snap with the 1st team offense.

Dalton in his prime had a few good years but on the average was mediocre and failed in the big games...........just like Dak

Neither is the future. The next franchise QB of the Dallas Cowboys is not presently on the roster

dckid

Reaction score
Andy Dalton posts 2nd best QB grade in week 5.

Good for Andy.

Good for us.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/pff-dalton-posted-nfl-s-second-best-qb-grade-in-week-5
Need more data, the deep pass to win the game was nice.
I am really concerned about his movement with this terrible offensive line. I am fully expecting us to go 6-10, 7-9 and Jerry patting the players on the back.
As much as the folks on this board hate participation trophies, the Cowboys are the dictionary definition of that for the past 25 years.
Good try sport, get em next time. Have your juice box....
Jerry literally brings out the clown car every year and we all watch in disbelief. Hey at least we have a SB ring unlike.... Detroit or Cleveland.

To me the Cowboys are the most tortured fan base, we have the top spot. A team that had this much franchise and legacy success, to not win a 2nd round playoff game since 1996 is a disgrace.

dckid

Reaction score
Unfortunately, about half the people that come to this website aren't actual Cowboys fans. At least, it seems that way. So many don't seem to take the most absurd opinions that have nothing to do with what benefits this team. They can't be happy about whatever good comes about for the team, nor do they really care when harm comes to us. It's really symptomatic of opponents, when you think about it.

I think we possibly have more trolls than any other team's website. I guess it's the price we have to pay when we get responses from all over the country. Some are fans, while others are anything but real Cowboys' fans. Secretively, they often seem to enjoy our failings.

Apparently, popularity has its downsides. The situation of being America's team isn't exactly a walk in the park, if talking to real fans happens to be your preference. Anyway, here's hoping things improve, so even our fake fans can be relatively satisfied. ;)

I am envious of other teams when they are run properly. I despise seeing other teams win.
Our ownership is not driven to win a SB. They don't live breathe winning. They are satisfied with their standing in the league.
This is a classic incentive problem.
Jerry is not driven by a Super Bowl. How can he possibly have the same drive as a new owner? It's human behavior 101.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because Shabazz is known for keeping it 100, one must consider the strength of the opposing defense Dalton has faced before the coronation. However one must consider that he came off the bench cold and hadn't ever taken a snap with the 1st team offense.

Dalton in his prime had a few good years but on the average was mediocre and failed in the big games...........just like Dak

Neither is the future. The next franchise QB of the Dallas Cowboys is not presently on the roster
What is Andys playoff record compared to Daks? Since they both failed in big games. Ill wait.

shabazz

Reaction score
What is Andys playoff record compared to Daks? Since they both failed in big games. Ill wait.

Did you even read my post or just overreact as usual? Here is my exact quote.....which you just replied to.

"Dalton in his prime had a few good years but on the average was mediocre and failed in the big games...........just like Dak"

You're wait is over...........This is why its impossible to have sane debates with the Dak Fluffers

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same criteria for Dak. Dalton is stat padding until he does it vs a team with a winning record. And even if Zeke is a no show, Dalton has to carry the offense.

I guess "stat padding" is the new narrative for the haters, not just Dak, but the team as well.
Remember when is was...Daks' next big test, which was every week. Well he kept passing those tests.
Then it was he "can't throw down field nor accurately, was dink and dunk". Well, he was the top or near the top for accurate passes when the ball was in the air over 20 yards.
Then is was "can't beat a team with a winning record" and till is, but last I knew it was a team game and the defense sucks.

Now "stat padding". Can't wait until the next narrative / agenda term will be. So comical.

So now it all shifts to Andy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, whadda ya know! This seems a pretty prolific beginning to Andy's 2020 showing, thus far. Good to see him doing so well. We could get spoiled if this keeps up! Here's hoping he'll do as well when the Cardinals come to town. Dak may have some tough competition to live up to if this continues throughout the rest of this season. Anyhow, there's a good ways to go just yet, before it becomes an issue. Not such a bad thing to see right now, though. Let's see if Andy can keep stirring the pot in the weeks ahead. Sure seems like things could get pretty interesting, if he keeps it up! ;)

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Did you even read my post or just overreact as usual? Here is my exact quote.....which you just replied to.

"Dalton in his prime had a few good years but on the average was mediocre and failed in the big games...........just like Dak"

You're wait is over...........This is why its impossible to have sane debates with the Dak Fluffers
No its impossible because you despise the guy. Not for his play but for reasons I cant comprehend. If it was just based on play. No problem you have an opinion. But to post what you posted after his injury and have continued to post, on top of your signature picture. You are just a low level human being.