Video: Dalton Schultz: A Lot More Comfortable

John813

Reaction score
Good listen. So, he's been getting snaps from TE to FB. Cool.

Been reading he's been showing up in TC here and there. Will be nice if he can carve out a nice #2 TE role at least here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At 1st, I did like like they selected a TE when they picked Schultz. It felt like a panic pick thanks to Witten. It was not Schultz himself, it could have been any player as there were S's sitting there to take.

After watching him, he did make a few plays here and there, but did not get enough chances of course. He kind of grew on me, well maybe he is ok, need to see more type feeling.
So without Witten, and Jarwin the main guy. It is time to see what he can do as he will get more opportunities now.

I will wait to see, as I will all players this season.

cern

Reaction score
he makes for a good interview. i was among the group that considered witten a progress stopper in the end. listening to schultz makes me reconsider my pov on the subject.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow -- I'm impressed with this ex-Stanford TE. He's, obviously, a smart cookie, like so many Stanford guys are.

It surely sounds like Schultzie has his act together and is really ready to play ball. I'll be anxious to see him play.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
By all reports, he's doing better. I need to see it for myself. It's about time he actually contributed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Schultz is one of those who takes a while to blossom, like so many other rookies do. He's now a well rounded and competent TE, both as a receiver and with his blocking. He's also gained strength from working out with the weights. It's pretty obvious, just by looking at him. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise when the regular season comes along. The coaching staff is vocally quite encouraged by his progress. He'll be our #2 TE, from the looks of things.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Schultz is one of those types who takes a while to blossom, like so many other rookies do. He's a well rounded and competent TE, both as a receiver and with his blocking. He's also gained strength from working out with the weights. It's pretty obvious just by looking at him. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise when the regular season comes calling. The coaching staff is vocally very encouraged by his progress.
Similar to Ian Thomas playing behind Greg Olsen in Carolina, except Ian was drafted as the TE2 behind Olsen, but Schultz was the 3 behind Witten and Jarwin, maybe even Swain if my memory is correct.
Time to harvest a 4th round investment.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Similar to Ian Thomas playing behind Greg Olsen in Carolina, except Ian was drafted as the TE2 behind Olsen, but Schultz was the 3 behind Witten and Jarwin, maybe even Swain if my memory is correct.
Time to harvest a 4th round investment.

True stuff -- Schultz was drafted as a need pick when that draft happened. Fortunately, he's managed to work hard and make the progress that he needed to become a well-rounded and competent backup to Jarwin. I'm sure Jarwin will get the lions share of the calls but Schultz should get the occasional nod to come in and contribute. I'm hoping he's the type of receiver that has the coaching staff so encouraged by his progress. He seems ready to play.

Last edited:

CooterBrown

Reaction score
From the write-up at the official site, it sounds like Schultz is the fullback instead of one of the tight ends. That oughta change a few roster projections.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember a short while back when a few CZ members were pushing the narrative that Witten was unwilling to help advise teammates?
Well Shultz just killed that anti-Witten narrative.
So you're gonna take his word over the great Martellus Bennett???
:muttley:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Congratulations to Dalton Schultz. It's great to see he's managed to put himself in a position to succeed.

Let's hope he'll make the most of his opportunity with the Cowboys and help his team become a winner!

It's been a really hard climb to improve his play and become a Cowboy, bettering himself in the process!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
From the write-up at the official site, it sounds like Schultz is the fullback instead of one of the tight ends. That oughta change a few roster projections.

I think he's managed to become another one of our "flex" guys, by learning both spots -- not a simple task by any means! :)

Last edited: