Dalton Schultz in Houston

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh the AM radio people in Houston are GUSHING about how big of a pick up Schultz is! They talked about it for a whole segment this morning. None of the talking people are critical thinkers and actually look depper into the numbers. They aren't addressing that Schultz was Dak's primary dump off guy for years.

3rd and 20 - BOOM Dalton Schultz 6 yard curl
3rd and 10 - BAM 3 yard out to Schultz

For the Cowboys this will be a massive addition by subtraction. Who knows who Dak's new pacifier will be? But who ever it is they'll have more athleticism than Schultz did to avoid a tackle. He reminded me of Witten his last two years. No still arm, no hurdle, no spins. Just let the nearset defender take you to the ground with no 1-3 yard forward lean. Houston fans are in for a treat. Maybe he'll be Bryce Young's binky too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz may do decent there. He won't put them over the top, even if they get a good QB. But I can't see him doing worse than in Dallas. Of course, depending on the QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh my gosh the AM radio people in Houston are GUSHING about how big of a pick up Schultz is! They talked about it for a whole segment this morning. None of the talking people are critical thinkers and actually look depper into the numbers. They aren't addressing that Schultz was Dak's primary dump off guy for years.

For the Cowboys this will be a massive addition by subtraction. Who knows who Dak's new pacifier will be? But who ever it is they'll have more athleticism than Schultz did to avoid a tackle. He reminded me of Witten his last two years. No still arm, no hurdle, no spins. Just let the nearset defender take you to the ground with no 1-3 yard forward lean. Houston fans are in for a treat. Maybe he'll be Bryce Young's binky too.
We already have Schultz threads.

Havic

Reaction score
If you love zero YAC, just give Schultz the gold jacket already!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Schultz may do decent there. He won't put them over the top, even if they get a good QB. But I can't see him doing worse than in Dallas. Of course, depending on the QB.
He is a detriment to any team that wishes to have a decent running game.

The walking example of why stats sometimes don’t mean a whole lot.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Who was talking about him? Some of the clowns on 610 etc are hacks but I like Sean P and is Zeirlein still on another station or just doing pure NFL analysis now? I loved there 18 years but left in 2011

I think Schultz will do well there because they will need a security blanket with the QBs they have or the one they draft

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think it's the Fantasy Football effect.

Dalton Schultz is a FF target with a lot of hype, especially in PPR leagues.

He's a good player, just not a game changer

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Some of you seem to enjoy bashing all our good players, while they were here and after they leave. Schultz was a good player for us especially for a fourth round pick. He scorerd 13 TDs the past two seasons and in 2021 tied for the team lead with 8 receiving TDs. He was a good security blanket for Dak and was a solid chain mover. His blocking was an issue, but he was a good player and the Cowboys wanted to keep him. He’s going to have his work cut out for him in Houston with their QB situation.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Hopefully, this will force Dakota "WENTZ 2.0" Prescot to look beyond his first read!!!!!!!!!!! The dude has an insane case of tunnel vision and refuses to locate receivers and TEs who are OPEN 20 to 30 yards down field!

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I don't blame them for a little excitement.

They have absolutely no one at Tight End and a team with as many holes as the Texans have don't want to spend premium draft capital on that position.

Schultz is an upgrade over everyone they have on the roster and everyone they had last year.

It's just a matter of in Dallas, he's replacable, the Cowboys can afford to spend a top 3 pick on a TE and already have two guys on the roster that potentially could perform up to his level.

He's mana from heaven for the Texans. He temporarily solves a problem for them and is way better than anyone they have now or had earlier. The Texans are playing with so much cap room if they want to extend him after this year to the salary he feels he deserves, they can do it.

More power to Texans fans for being happy they got a decent player for not too much. We Cowboys fans have been happy when we've brought in guys who were merely "good" but were improvements over what we had and solved a problem.

I just see it as normal NFL business.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz is a good player ..... His only problem is he wanted to be paid like a great one.

I wish him well
This is what bothers me the most. Everything I see, hear, and read tells me about someone entirely focused on the money.

I know it’s a big reason why they play, but I never like it when it’s the sole reason for a player.

If that’s who Schultz is, I say good riddance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Mayer to the Dallas Cowboys.

giphy.gif