News: Dalton Schultz to train with George Kittle at Tight End University

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is already a better TE on the roster. His name is Jarwin.

big dog ---i dont disagree with you...but we all must admit we saw Shultz step up and make some reall good plays in Jarwin's absence....i really like our TE room....i did not want Pitts...i wanted studs on defense...but that is only my puny personal opinion

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dalton had more catches last year alone than jarwin has in his career
It’s not gonna a one TE team
Schultz is gonna get pretty equal snaps

Doesn't matter. We had to trot a TE out there, didn't we?

Jarwin's career average per catch is 11.6 to Schultz' 9.7. Almost 2 full yards better. You put that guy out there way more than you do the other guy, don't you? If so, why not?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Also attending: Raider's Darren Waller, Lion's T.J. Hockenson, Falcon's Kyle Pitts, Raven's Mark Andrews, Dolphin's Mike Gesicki, Packer's Robert Tonyan, Bronco's Noah Fant, Eagle's Zach Ertz, Bear's Cole Kmet, Patriot's Jonnu Smith, Steeler's Eric Ebron and Brown's David Njoku.

mr Joe---i am proud of the big gains Dalton Shultz has made in his game....Jarwin may still be better receiver but not as a blocker and Shultz closed the gap some in receiving department too....we got a good TE group

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the 1000th time....he is a pretty good...but undersized TE....we can/should look to get much better at this position.
He’s an inch taller and only 6 LBs lighter than Kittle. His height is easily reasonable for aN NFL TE, and although at 244 he’s a little lighter than most, 250-255 is pretty common, and that’s certainly not a dramatic difference.

That said, I’m always good with upgrades, but clearly there are teams a lot worse off at TE than the Cowboys are with Schultz. He ended last year 11th in the NFL in yardage for a TE and he wasn’t even expected to be the starter. Given all the other receiving options the Cowboys had, that’s not something to sneeze at.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dalton had more catches last year alone than jarwin has in his career
It’s not gonna a one TE team
Schultz is gonna get pretty equal snaps

mr conner--i was a big fan when we drafted Dalton Shutlz in 4th round form Stanford in 2018...and He is a real pro in his development....him with Jarwin and even the other guy we picked up free agent from Washington we have good TE group...i did not want us to get Pitts even if we some how was available i wanted defense studs to go along with our offense studs....but that is only my personal lowliy opinion....which that and 5 bucks get you a good drink from Starbucks?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter. We had to trot a TE out there, didn't we?

Jarwin's career average per catch is 11.6 to Schultz' 9.7. Almost 2 full yards better. You put that guy out there way more than you do the other guy, don't you? If so, why not?
I’m not sure why people think it has to be all one anyway. I expect both Jarwin and Schultz to see plenty of action

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
mr Joe---i am proud of the big gains Dalton Shultz has made in his game....Jarwin may still be better receiver but not as a blocker and Shultz closed the gap some in receiving department too....we got a good TE group
We are each entitled to our own opinion. Thank you for sharing yours, even if it was unsolicited. :)

conner01

Reaction score
I’m not sure why people think it has to be all one anyway. I expect both Jarwin and Schultz to see plenty of action
I think they will pretty much share reps and maybe a couple pkgs with both
But the WR’s are still gonna be the primary targets
Just too much talent there
But both jarwin and Schultz bring a nice compliment to the WR’s and will get some nice matchups

mattjames2010

Reaction score
For the 1000th time....he is a pretty good...but undersized TE....we can/should look to get much better at this position.

Where the hell are you getting undersized at? Where do you people come up with this stuff?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t think with this offense it’s a position to spend high draft capital on
The majority of the targets are gonna be the WR’s because of the talent there

And we have a couple of blocking WRs like Brown to take up some TE snaps too. The only TE need is a serious short yardage blocking TE. For years I've been wanting them to tryout the olinemen and see who can be taught to catch a 3 yard pass.

Spending real draft resources on a TE this year would have made no sense. 2 adequate TE starters on a 3 WR base offense. When Schultz leaves, then draft an understudy or two.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog ---i dont disagree with you...but we all must admit we saw Shultz step up and make some reall good plays in Jarwin's absence.
That's true he did. But the bottom line is that Jarwin is the better overall TE.

conner01

Reaction score
And we have a couple of blocking WRs like Brown to take up some TE snaps too. The only TE need is a serious short yardage blocking TE. For years I've been wanting them to tryout the olinemen and see who can be taught to catch a 3 yard pass.

Spending real draft resources on a TE this year would have made no sense. 2 adequate TE starters on a 3 WR base offense. When Schultz leaves, then draft an understudy or two.
We signed a pretty good blocking TE
But I’m not sure they will keep him on the roster
Sprinkle can block but they also have a couple of other young guys they like and we are likely to lose Schultz after this season
I don’t see them having two TE in second contracts but one of the young guys may be more valuable next year for them to let them walk for sprinkle who is primarily a blocker

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t see them having two TE in second contracts

I don't either. The stars would have to align just right. We'd have to get Schultz to a cheap contract this summer, *and* have a reason to do so. Schultz is not the kind of guy we sign in free agency. He's the kind we let go.