Video: Dalton Shultz 2020 season

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I still remember his horrid first game after Jarwin went down, seemed like he dropped about every pass thrown his way. He recovered nicely.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Former Stanford TE. Wasn't worried about him. He had a nice season and will rotate with Jarwin going forward. I'm excited to see that combo.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Schultz actually averaged more yards per target than Witten at 6.9 & his 615 yards is the most receiving yards by a Cowboys TE since the 2016 season.

Knotamus

Reaction score
A few things stand out in Shultz’s highlights.

Call me crazy, but Shultz reminded me a lot of Jason Witten in how he plays. He’s not going to give you a ton of YAC yards, but he makes it up as a QB safety valve with sure hands. He’s not fast, but somehow finds the soft spots in zone coverage, seems to be open just enough for even backup QBs to hit their mark, and he’s not afraid to absorb a big hit in the middle of the field. I’m not sure how his blocking at the LOS graded out, but he seemed like a natural when downfield blocking for others.

Bottomline.. I must admit I was down on Shultz after last season, but he prove me wrong this year. I know some want to draft a TE, but I personally believe Jarwin and Shultz will be just fine, exp with our trio of WRs the opponents have to account for also.

side note: the first part of this video had me missing Dak Prescott. Man, IF Dak and the OL could have stayed healthy, our offense would have been incredible. Shoulda, coulda, woulda I suppose:mad:

Last edited: