Dalton's numbers aren't encouraging

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Zurlein won the Atlanta game with a phenomenal onside kick and then game winner.
2. Dalton engineered the comeback against the Giants. Prescott took 2 quarters off before starting the process of digging the team out of a hole. But Dalton finished it.

3. Maybe Dalton will be our Jim Plunket. He was as good as his supporting cast in Cincy. He's got a better supporting cast now......at least on offense.
He has two undrafted OT's though. Thats the real problem

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not at all.. I am merely pointing out that Dalton did not play that 5th playoff game in 2015. He got hurt and missed the last 3 games of that season as well as the playoff game.
so he is 0-4 in the playoffs and 1-12 in games that matter....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has two undrafted OT's though. Thats the real problem
Not to mention his Center. Just because he's from Yosemite's alma mater, doesn't make him the same.

The real problem is the lack of continuity and these guys haven't built that trust necessary for an OL to become a great unit.

I would like to see every team toss their two OT's, and the Cowboys had a very good tandem, and add a rookie Center and see how well their offense performs.

Part of Prescott's success so early was that OL and run game he had that so few rookie QB's get to play behind. The QB was the least experienced in the group, now that has reversed except for Martin.

Here's where having McC should pay off because he always had OL challenges in GB with his lineup. Any HC that can win a playoff game with 5 G's on his line should be able to make this work.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Cowboys were beating the Giants at half time, and didn't lose the lead until after Dalton fumbled the snap. He engineered a comeback because he surrendered the lead.

What are we talking about here?

Obviously the number on the Jersey, it seems to determine alot of how a scenario played out....like the games are not recorded or on record. It will most likley determine, whether the Defesne is responsible for games lost to good teams, wether its the WR who made the catch or the QB who threw it good...Garbage stats and when they count....it should be interesting to see what all a NUMBER ON A JERSEY determines..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It is your view the season is over, but saying the rebuild is in full swing? How so? Outside of dealing with injuries which is why some guys are playing now I have seen no moves that would indicate they are in a rebuilding mode of any kind. I take this as more your own wishful thinking but highly doubt any of it.
The only way Im measuring a possible rebuild is when I can start counting draft picks, and as of now Im not counting any additional picks.