Damien Robinson

Dhop

Reaction score
Norm just said on the ticket he would come in for a workout. I know the name and that he went to high school here, but isn't he more of a strong safety?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
This would be his second work-out. Hehad come through earlier with the initial wave of free agents.........Cory Hall was another safety that work-out. Maybe the Cowboys wanted to see his desire to play and how much he would improve his work-out on his own.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=ECF1BA83-A6D4-0C82-1643AB8AE1AD739A

May 17th 2005

Not only did the Cowboys bring in veteran safety Cory Hall last week for a workout, they also gave a look-see to eight-year veteran Damien Robinson, the Dallas native who spent the past two seasons with Seattle. Neither was overly impressive, or at least not enough so to prevent taking a look at the young candidates at the Memorial Day weekend mini-camp before signing anyone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I wonder if Lance Schulters has been given a look or not? Seems like they are looking at everyone. Just curious. Maybe they still plan to.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I wonder if Lance Schulters has been given a look or not? Seems like they are looking at everyone. Just curious. Maybe they still plan to.
I think Lance Schulter's contract demands(coupled with his season ending foot injury) is the reason the Cowboys haven't brought him in for a looksee.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Signing Schulters would prevent Dallas from signing Ty law. :grin:

bsheeern

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Robinson is 32 years old...
Is he the guy who played for the Jets and they made a big deal about him leaving a target practice session and having a gun in his trunk?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Charles said:
I think Lance Schulter's contract demands(coupled with his season ending foot injury) is the reason the Cowboys haven't brought him in for a looksee.

I also think we have not brought Schulters in because we are not comfortable with him for some reason.

If you notice, practically everyone we bring in has some small degree of separation from the coaching staff. They either played under Parcells, Bowles or Zimmer in the past. Cory Hall is the lone exception.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I also think we have not brought Schulters in because we are not comfortable with him for some reason.

If you notice, practically everyone we bring in has some small degree of separation from the coaching staff. They either played under Parcells, Bowles or Zimmer in the past. Cory Hall is the lone exception.
Interesting thought.

I am still curious though because if I remember right Schulters is a real high character guy that seems to fit the off season direction of looking for them.

I think the injury concern is more to blame. Marco Rivera didn't have a tie that I know of.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
bsheeern said:
Is he the guy who played for the Jets and they made a big deal about him leaving a target practice session and having a gun in his trunk?

Ya.
The gun was actually in his truck upon entering the stadium. As was his wife and kid. It was in a case under the backseat and he said he forgot to take it oiut after going to the range.

He is a really good guy.
I played football with him 4th thru 8th grade.
He was once robbed at gunpoint so I understand him being armed.

He was a fairly pure free safety but ot sure how much he has left. If he's lot half the speed I have he's prolly not gonna help.

Extremely good guy tho, hoped he gets blessed to be a Cowboy.

bsheeern

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Ya.
The gun was actually in his truck upon entering the stadium. As was his wife and kid. It was in a case under the backseat and he said he forgot to take it oiut after going to the range.

He is a really good guy.
I played football with him 4th thru 8th grade.
He was once robbed at gunpoint so I understand him being armed.

He was a fairly pure free safety but ot sure how much he has left. If he's lot half the speed I have he's prolly not gonna help.

Extremely good guy tho, hoped he gets blessed to be a Cowboy.
I hate the way the Media just takes a story and runs with it. I remember Jim Rome pratically blowing this guy up for two straight days over this crap. If he pulled the gun out on someone then yes you have a story, but until then come on!!

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
I still wish we would have taken a shot and signed Brandon Everage as an UDFA, but he's been out of football now for awhile so he probably wouldn't do us any good anymore.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:
I still wish we would have taken a shot and signed Brandon Everage as an UDFA, but he's been out of football now for awhile so he probably wouldn't do us any good anymore.
~whistling~

Who?

:blush:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
~whistling~

Who?

:blush:
lol, he prolly doesn't understand that.

to the poster above:
Everage was about 20 pounds overweight for his workout here and couldn't run the 40 in less than 4.8.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
jterrell said:
lol, he prolly doesn't understand that.

to the poster above:
Everage was about 20 pounds overweight for his workout here and couldn't run the 40 in less than 4.8.

Yeah, I knew about that. That is why I said that with all of this extra time out of football, he's probably no better; maybe even worse.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
the more bodies we can bring in to challenge for the position the better I like it

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
If he's in decent shape and is interested in coming back then I'd take a gamble and sign him. He could always be cut at the end of camp or put on the practise squad...a little competition never hurt anyone (except maybe Lynn Scott in this case).

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
according to NFL.com Robinson is 6'2, 223...31yrs old (will be 32 in Dec)...missed all of last yr with an injury...has 13 interceptions in his career (98-2003) and only 19 passes defensed and only one forced fumble...

guy isnt a playmaker

david