Damn... how many sacks did we have?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Five. One each by Ware, Tank, Ellis, Canty, and Spencer.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I heard in the pre-game that Elli had only been sacked 8 times all year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It was nice to get 5 sacks, but I really liked the fact that it was the guys who are SUPPOSED to get sacks getting them.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Vintage;1758612 said:
26 sacks in 9 games.

On pace for 46.
A 35% increase over 2006. And I think we're going to pick up the pace. I'd guess 50 sacks.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1758619 said:
I heard in the pre-game that Elli had only been sacked 8 times all year.
Yup, only 8 times but now, he has been sacked same amount as Romo, 13 times.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
theogt;1758627 said:
A 35% increase over 2006. And I think we're going to pick up the pace. I'd guess 50 sacks.
We're already picking up the pace. Our current sack total extrapolates out to 46 but our rate has been increasing so I agree with others here that 50+ is very reachable, if not likely.

Reaction score
Dallas defense is starting to really improve... Roy Williams needs to get out there and practice on coverage.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1758720 said:
Dallas defense is starting to really improve... Roy Williams needs to get out there and practice on coverage.

:rolleyes:

yeah, he gave up every completion and was responsible for all 20 pts given up today...I dont even know how we compete

David

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1758723 said:

yeah, he gave up every completion and was responsible for all 20 pts given up today...I dont even know how we compete

David
i thought he had good coverage on the shockey td, sheli just made a great throw. but Roy didn't play well at all.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1758720 said:
Agenda.... Roy had a solid game today

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1758772 said:
but Roy didn't play well at all.

Alright, this is worth a warning....

You're a friggin ******. Williams had an outstanding game. Your (lack of) intelligence rivals that of Clinton Portis. Agendas are gay, and so are you.

Sorry mods. :cool:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1758708 said:
We're already picking up the pace. Our current sack total extrapolates out to 46 but our rate has been increasing so I agree with others here that 50+ is very reachable, if not likely.
11 sacks over the past 3 games ain't too shabby. That pace would put us at 52 sacks on the season.

Also, at 26 right now, we're tied for 3rd in the league in sacks.

Wood

Reaction score
I feel bad for Roy...he is just a lost person. On a positive note...Tank is going to help the pass rush and Ellis looks as good as ever. Ware is just what he always is...a beast. Canty is really coming on....you see the pipes on this guy when he flexes after a sack.

hendog

Reaction score
I thought Roy played a good game on run D but gave Shockey too much space on coverage. All in all I was pleased and the the D played well. They have as many weapons as any in the Nfc.

77Cowboy

Reaction score
Roy played excellent run defense and was in position for the Shockey TD, all Safties/CB's get beat.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The bottom line is Roy cannot cover Shockey man to man...that's a fact. Shockey is too good an athlete for Roy in coverage. We realized that and changed our coverage to give help or play zone.

Roy still had a good game...recognizing that he can't cover Shockey man to man is not an indictment any more than saying most safeties can't cover Witten alone. It is what it is...we were probably foolish to think he could in the first half, but we made that correction in the second half.