Damn the Giants

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StarKist;2438480 said:
Thats all I have to say.

I want to ammend this.

The Giants look like the Cowboys of the 90's.

One SB win down.
On a mission for another.

Great O-line.
Great Running game.
Not HEAVILY dependent on WR's.
Not HEAVILY dependent on QB.

Just win.

sportsman

Reaction score
Don't hate. The Cowboys should be just as good as the Giants. The one difference is coaching.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Cowboys would have never caught the Giants anyways so I'm glad they beat the Cardinals, will finally shut everyone up down here for a while. Now I want the Cards to kick Philly's butt on Thursday though.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
no Burress and no Jacobs. They have actually their two highest point totals this season without Burress.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think this is in our favour - they are hopelessly ahead of us and will take the division so their record doesn't matter to us anymore.

anava

Reaction score
They catch a lot of breaks, can't believe how the Cards dropped that first onside kick. But when your good breaks just seem to go your way

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2438522 said:
no Burress and no Jacobs. They have actually their two highest point totals this season without Burress.
you're better without the wife-beater

Matt

Reaction score
Everytime I hear Giants this Giants that, 10-1 etc...

All I can think of is where we were this time last year and where they were...

We'll see..

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Matt;2438537 said:
Everytime I hear Giants this Giants that, 10-1 etc...

All I can think of is where we were this time last year and where they were...

We'll see..

Hype? What hype? They are probably the best team in the NFL and they are the defending Champions. Any hype they get, especially after winning it last year and going 10-1 this year is deserved.

They are certainly beatable, but they are a very solid, disciplined football team. They took it to the Cardinals today without their starting RB and WR, for most of the game.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Well....they've been awfully impressive to this point. They're overpowering people with their running game like the early 90s Cowboys and their D is stout. They'e defending champs and continue to play like it. They deserve the credit IMO.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
And it will be hard to beat giants, unless our OL improves between now and when and if Cowboys get to Playoffs. But then, lets see Cowboys win one in Playoffs, if they get there.

And more and more, it seems like, Cowboys will have to go at least 3-1 to get to playoffs in December. Which means, Cowboys will be hot when they get to playoffs.

But one thing is nagging my mind is the injury bug that has struck Cowboys big time. They just seem to lose two players or so every game, if not for long term, but at least short term. I am not sure its because of lack of conditioning. Because Hamstring and Groin pulls seem more of Conditioning issues than other injuries are.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Sarge;2438609 said:
Hype? What hype? They are probably the best team in the NFL and they are the defending Champions. Any hype they get, especially after winning it last year and going 10-1 this year is deserved.

They are certainly beatable, but they are a very solid, disciplined football team. They took it to the Cardinals today without their starting RB and WR, for most of the game.

No kidding, they steady as hell.

Can you imagine what the Cowboys record would be if we didn't have our two best defensive linemen, our best running back and our best receiver on the field. No way in hell they go 10-1 and they certainly wouldn't put up 37 on the Cards.

The way the Ginats just keep playing at a high level regardless of who is out there is frrustrating as hell (I'm envious as hell as well)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2438609 said:

That's exactly what separates very good teams from everyone else. We have several losses on our record which we contributed to injuries. However, it doesn't take away from the fact that we could not overcome those injuries with the remaining players who could play. For the Cowboys to lay claim as being one of the best teams this season, we have to win games regardless of the circumstances thrown in our path.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It like 2007 and 2008 are from parallel universes. Last year we were the team destined to win the NFC, they were in turmoil, injuries, possibly not making the playoffs, finishing the season 4-4 after a 6-2 start etc.

This year, everything they touch is gold, we are fighting back.

khiladi

Reaction score
catskillthunder;2438481 said:
They were probably saying the same thing about us last year at this time. Remember how that turned out?

That very rarely happens... Usually, the team that dominates the whole year ends up winning the Super Bowl.. The team that is consistent throughout the year usually ends up winning...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
DallasEast;2438678 said:
That's exactly what separates very good teams from everyone else. We have several losses on our record which we contributed to injuries. However, it doesn't take away from the fact that we could not overcome those injuries with the remaining players who could play. For the Cowboys to lay claim as being one of the best teams this season, we have to win games regardless of the circumstances thrown in our path.

No, losing your Starting QB for few games, is more than losing few players to injuries. And Giants so far haven't been biten by injury bug as much. Only guy they really lost is Osi, thats their biggest and significant loss.

If they lose Manning for couple games, they are going down. Carr is terrible. But they are very desciplined team. But man, last year, they were not, till they got to playoffs. No doubts about their OL though. Very good.