Twitter: Damone Clark Update

quickccc

Reaction score
LVE has been better than Anthony Barr.

I don't understand what Dan Quinn is doing continuing to start Barr after his repeated missed tackles and penalties that have hurt the team. Meanwhile, he keeps much quicker/faster Jabril Cox either inactive or just watching from the sidelines.

Because Barr maybe a more physical, instinctive and a better blitzer than LVE.,

Unless it's an undisclosed injury, (ala foot or hamstring).. It's a reason why Cox isn't even ahead of rookie special teamer LB Devin Harper.
Even before his eventual ACL injury last year, Cox only got 8 snaps.

Scotman

Reaction score
Good for this kid.Why is it that I keep getting a jaylon smith vibe here? Why must we always trying and outsmart the rest of the NFL world with these risky picks? Hopefully this pans out
I'm WAY more comfortable swinging for the fences from the 5th round versus the 2nd. Still, like you said, I hope this one pans out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Clark is a stud for sure.

He was never in the Parsons category of beast. Had Parsons not missed the season he is a top 5 pick in the draft. Clark is solid, but not elite like Micah.

Think more of Keenan Robinson or Ja’Whaun Bentley.
Thank you for your reply. I truly appreciate it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rison hates Clark but Broaddus thinks he is the second coming, I have to go with Rison on this one when looking at Broaddus track record lately.
Ill have to decline that opinion and say ill trust the scouts, coaching staff, and the Fo, who have been great at drafting the last 5-10 years.. anyone taking the word of media over coaches etc especially Quinn and this defensive staff have to be invalidated as fans.

goes for who plays weekly like LVE been mentioned in this thread.. we have depth, if he weren't playing well, he wouldn't be playing. those are FACTS.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Ill have to decline that opinion and say il; trust the scouts, coaching staff, and the Fo, who have been great at drafting the last 5-10 years.. anyone taking the word of media over coaches etc especially Quinn and this defensive staff have to be invalidated as fans.

goes for who plays weekly like LVE been mentioned in this thread.. we have depth, if he weren't playing well, he wouldn't be playing. those are FACTS.
I am just fooling with the board. We won’t no anything about Clark until he gets out there. Broaddus has just been so bad lately.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Why does spinal fusion surgery and playing NFL football seem to be a bad mix to me??? Hmmmm...

Proof

Reaction score
What is LVE good at? What's his claim to fame? We know what Parsons is good at, but LVE?

According to the coaches LVE is good at being where he's supposed to be. He's not a head-hunter in the run game. He's not great at blitzing. He's not great in man to man coverage. But, being where he's suppose to be, means he's reliable. Most expect more from a first round draft pick, but they have to remember LVE's cap hit for this year is 2 million. He's making half of what Parsons is making. Now do I want him back next year? No. Clark and Cox should be ready next year. LVE can walk and get us a comp pick hopefully.

he was a first round pick and an all pro. think we're just wanting what looked to be a promising talent to re-materialize. bar is just set higher for him unfortunately. with that said, i have nothing good or bad to say about him this year. i haven't noticed him.

quickccc

Reaction score
What is LVE good at? What's his claim to fame? We know what Parsons is good at, but LVE?

According to the coaches LVE is good at being where he's supposed to be. He's not a head-hunter in the run game. He's not great at blitzing. He's not great in man to man coverage. But, being where he's suppose to be, means he's reliable. Most expect more from a first round draft pick, but they have to remember LVE's cap hit for this year is 2 million. He's making half of what Parsons is making. Now do I want him back next year? No. Clark and Cox should be ready next year. LVE can walk and get us a comp pick hopefully.

i expected an LVE from his rookie year in 2018, when he displayed open field tackling and an INT threat in the passing lanes.
i admit i had false visions of a bigger, much taller version of Sean Lee 2.0 after LVE's rookie year.

I thought he'd improved mightily with the misdirection looks that he eventually struggled so badly in the Rams playoff game, but i believe he
was just one of the reasons why we struggled vs screens.

i think LVE is serviceable/decent in some of those areas, but not a stand out. Hes' not a difference maker
How many of those led tackles are too much deep on his side of the ball ?
He is a plug in until we upgrade and get someone better

- If we are talking Jabril Cox as " next year's " look out, then that suggests that there's something medical wrong that is not being disclosed,
either he has a newer injury that we dunno about, (and not being reported per injury report) that is hampering him.
Or what i am more worried with ... the coaches does not like Cox.

i cannot say it's still the ACL ,because Cox was on the playing field this summer with training camp and preseason.

He apparently not even a consideration for special teams. Even rookie Harper is on the playing field, and ahead of Cox per depth chart.
Maybe like CB Nashon Wright, they are merely holding on per being a notable draft pick.
Of course Wright is another that is gonna be a forgotten shadow on a frequent gameday inactive list.

quickccc

Reaction score
he was a first round pick and an all pro. think we're just wanting what looked to be a promising talent to re-materialize. bar is just set higher for him unfortunately. with that said, i have nothing good or bad to say about him this year. i haven't noticed him.

i recall him making the Pro bowl in 2018, but not All Pro ...

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm no doctor, but I don't see any way this guy plays this year...and that's fine. Just get healthy. Plus at this point I don't really even believe any of the news coming from this team or those around the team on injuries...

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE has been better than Anthony Barr.

I don't understand what Dan Quinn is doing continuing to start Barr after his repeated missed tackles and penalties that have hurt the team. Meanwhile, he keeps much quicker/faster Jabril Cox either inactive or just watching from the sidelines.

Team …....... Barr …......... LVE
TAM …......... 56% …......... 85%
CIN ….......... 87% …......... 90%
NYG …......... 61% …......... 83%

I thought that with Kearse out that Jabril Cox might get some playing time.
- Kearse plays a coverage LB role on about 40% or more of snaps (The 3 Safety sets).
- That seems like a role ideally suited for Jabril Cox.
- Instead they played Parsons more at off-ball LB than they had in the 1st two games.
- i.e. Parsons, LVE and Barr all at LB on some snaps.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Let this man heal up; he deserves a fair shot and it would be unfair to push him out there