Dan Orlovsky’s take on Kellen Moore

stiletto

Reaction score
See, that really is the EXACT opposite of what it should be like. The fact that you have Zeke and the threat of the run power run game, you should be able to do lots of play action deep stuff off of that.

ONLY in a Garrett dumbed down offense does a great run game mean you don't throw deep.

Think the Commanders and the hogs with the posy. They ran a power run game and then play action bombs all game long.

Not saying it will be like that, but that is the potential of a power run game and the deep ball.

Nailed it....Run the rock until they don't know what to do then go over the top from 19 minutes on. This is Bill Walsh stuff too. Not rocket science. Teams that did that stuff dominated year in and out.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Doesn't make his analysis any less credible.

Some guys lack the talent/skill to succeed on the field, but understand the game very well with a headset and clipboard.

Wasn't trying to discredit his argument. Just trying to remember why I remember him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a somewhat tempered excitement to see what he can do to improve. I am excited to see the changes for the better, as it can't be any worse. well I hope not.
But yet there is still that excitement in a positive outlook way. As we have a better WR core, and adding Witten back in to help that as well. plus the possibility with TFred back, the OL will be back to great form.

All of that can work together, as Kitna should help Dak and hopefully eliminate some of the issues with some mechanics and improve them.

Overall can't wait to see some vanilla changes in PS games. However, Garrett needs to play the starters more to get some kinks worked out before real game 1. Or else it will be the same old 4 games to start the season as the learning curve.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
"He's a guy that's going to be more Sean Payton, more Andy Reid, more Matt Nagy, more Sean McVay. Outside of the box thinking."

I said this before. He's like a mix of Nagy, Reid, Payton, McVacy, Jesus Christ, and Superman. This is a complete joke of an article.

BigD_95

Reaction score
All I see when reading that is when Dak struggles it will be because he is learning a new offensive system

ksadler1

Reaction score
Not with Zeke in the backfield. We're not going bombs away with Zeke.

Not saying you're wrong, but watch some film on Moore when he played. He took alot of shots downfield. Moore likes the long ball and he'll use it alot in his offense. If for nothing else, to keep the D's on their heels...

erod

Reaction score
His comments about paying Dak were far more interesting.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
.. Moore likes the long ball ...

That's because:

giphy.gif

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
All I see when reading that is when Dak struggles it will be because he is learning a new offensive system
Nope.....it will always be Garrett's fault..........he's the common denominator.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
See, that really is the EXACT opposite of what it should be like. The fact that you have Zeke and the threat of the run power run game, you should be able to do lots of play action deep stuff off of that.

ONLY in a Garrett dumbed down offense does a great run game mean you don't throw deep.

Think the Commanders and the hogs with the posy. They ran a power run game and then play action bombs all game long.

Not saying it will be like that, but that is the potential of a power run game and the deep ball.
You make a great point.
With Zeke in the backfield, we should be destroying the passing game.
I hope this is an approach we take. No more predictability.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not saying you're wrong, but watch some film on Moore when he played. He took alot of shots downfield. Moore likes the long ball and he'll use it alot in his offense. If for nothing else, to keep the D's on their heels...
Fair enough. I'm hoping we have a more diversified offensive attack. Keep them off balance.
This offense, if it stays health, has the potential to do great things.

Big D

Reaction score
People might argue he's been great, but no one can really say he's been bad. No one can really say he's just been average. He's been a good player. But he's been a good player with a little bit of skill help.

This guy clearly has never been in the zone.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just as long as he doesn't think like Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier or other coaches who thought they could change the pro game.

I don't think Garrett would allow that to happen, though, even if Moore wanted to go college crazy. Moore is going to have to work within Garrett's system, which could be a detriment to what he wants to do unless Garrett allows him enough reign to actually accomplish something.

This won't be the Boise offense. And it won't be whatever offense Moore would run without restrictions. I think the best that we can hope for is Moore is allowed enough control to keep it from being the Garrett-esque offense that Linehan was handicapped with.
Linehan ran that same O every place he's been.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

_sturt_

Reaction score
I swear I've seen the name Dan Orlovsky at the top of this message board for 10 solid days, and previous to that, had maybe heard of the guy once (at most).

So, have I just been asleep, and the reality is, he is the Coach Whisperer or some coaching-talent deity having divined countless previous coaching success stories?

I'm inclined to think, no, he's just a random guy who played football for awhile and he happens to be commenting on a topic popular with some Cowboy fans... and that I'd get about as much insight from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders podcast girls.

But set me straight. Maybe I've been living under a rock w/o knowing.

GMO415

Reaction score
DC.com has consistently preached..."someone is always wide open on every place.". This offense is going to ball.