Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt Jr. - "You Better Sign Dak"

khiladi

Reaction score
In that 2017 game where Dak was sacked 8 times he was 20-30-176-0 TD-0 int but rushed 6-42-1 TD without Zeke Elliott.

2018 was like 2020 with another Dak Prescott come from behind victory...

You mean when he scored 1 TD in the first quarter on the first scripted drive, along with a fumble in the fourth as well as taking a sack for an 11 yard loss on a 4th and six in the same fourth quarter, getting completely shut out the rest of the game. Well, we did miss a FG, so I guess Dak had that going for him. Only to follow it up with a whopping 145 yard performance with 0 TD, 3 INT against the Eagles, then followed by another whopping 2 INT performance, throwing for 179 yards and 0 TDs against the Chargers, going 0-3 against the three winning teams they played and the Dallas offense not even being able to break double digit scoring?

Last edited:

ondaedg

Reaction score
I dont know why we fail so often at drafting defense, but Marinellis influence didn't help.

Finesse LBs, corners that don’t play the ball (Byron and Awuzie), DTs who are purely gap shooters, Taco... I think it’s a case of wrong players AND bad scheme which equals double fail. Diggs has some upside so he could break the trend.

Reactions: CWR

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someway, somehow the hiring of two defensive coaches became yet another Dak thread. We should start calling it six degrees of Dak.
I was a bit confused as well. I'd say the D coaches have a lot more to focus on than QB. Weren;t we like epic bad defense? Already we can;t seem to concentrate.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean when he scored 1 TD in the first quarter on the first scripted drive, along with a fumble in the fourth as well as taking a sack for an 11 yard loss on a 4th and six in the same fourth quarter, getting completely shut out the rest of the game. Well, we did miss a FG, so I guess Dak had that going for him. Only to follow it up with a whopping 145 yard performance with 0 TD, 3 INT against the Eagles, then followed by another whopping 2 INT performance, throwing for 179 yards and 0 TDs against the Chargers, going 0-3 against the three winning teams they played and the Dallas offense not even being able to break double digit scoring?
:eek:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those videos of the Falcons legion of Gloom and Doom defense was not about stats. NFL coaches say watch the video. Dak Prescott has nothing to prove to Arlington Jonesboys fans.

Jimmy Johnson said this about making the playoffs..."win at home, and win in your division".

Dak Prescott is 19-6 winning in the NFC East. Nobody is close or will be close considering Wentz lost his starting job.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...s-the-nfc-easts-number-and-its-not-even-close
Just Win Baby. The stats are for losers. Dak Prescott is a winner and that what Dallas Cowboys football use to be all about.

As I stated before, why couldn't Quinn and Whitt Jr. stop Dak Prescott from having 2 of the greatest games of his career? Either they are not real as DCs or Dak Prescott got lucky twice with the last win a 20 point comeback and putting up 450 passing yds on the Falcons Gloom and Doom defense.

Wait.....we're allegedly the best of the NFC East? Because of Dak?

1) NFCE sucks
2) it's a team game when we lose but Dak gets all the wins when we win.

Got it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Never said it was. Just that it’s the only one that matters. So when you trot out that Dak threw for a million yards in a loss it’s as meaningless as Kanye West running for President.

losses and wins are team stats according to Vince Lombardi and Bill Bellichick. But what do they know right?

:muttley:

ondaedg

Reaction score
Wait.....we're allegedly the best of the NFC East? Because of Dak?

1) NFCE sucks
2) it's a team game when we lose but Dak gets all the wins when we win.

Got it.

I think most Cowboys fans who like Dak don’t go running around saying we won the game because of him.

CWR

Reaction score
Finesse LBs, corners that don’t play the ball (Byron and Awuzie), DTs who are purely gap shooters, Taco... I think it’s a case of wrong players AND bad scheme which equals double fail. Diggs has some upside so he could break the trend.

Yeah we seemed to have a pretty good draft. We also didn't have Marinellis influence in the draft room.

bigE79

Reaction score
Losses are a team stat.
On here,the losses are a team stat but wins on the other hand is all on Dak...don't believe me,pull up the threads of when we've won and when we've lost.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
On here,the losses are a team stat but wins on the other hand is all on Dak...don't believe me,pull up the threads of when we've won and when we've lost.
You're right. Also on here, wins are a team stat and losses on the are on Dak. There are two sides of the argument that are the exact opposite of each other.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Every reasonable person who watches the games should be able to determine for his or her self if a player contributed more to a win or a loss. In the final analysis both wins and losses are NOT on one player and people need to move on from throwing it out there like it is. But you and I both know they never will. Still if I watch a game and the offense scores to take the lead with 3 minutes left and the defense turns around and lets the other team drive right down the field and retake the lead I am going to be more inclined to fault the defense for that loss than I am the offense or the QB. Nothing happens in a vacuum though. If special teams muffs a kick and hands the offense the ball at their own 1 foot line I'm not going to get all bent out of shape at the offense if the offense gives up a safety.. If the defense gets a stop and the offense turns the ball over in our own end I'm not going to blame the defense for the other team scoring.. If the offense turns it over at the opponents' 10 yard line and the defense lets the opponent drive 90 yards for a TD then that IS on the defense. That's the great thing about the game of football.. It's extremely nuanced and intricate in how it plays out. But most people just want simple.. They find one stat and say "this is why we lost/won." When in reality there is no such stat. Or they point to one player as "the reason we lost/won." Same deal.. no such thing.. The game is 11 on 11.. and really it's 46 on 46 on game days.. But that level of thinking gives simpletons a headache.. So they need one guy and/or one stat to validate their stance.. To which I say.. have fun with that..

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before Dak, that was Romo and it will be the same after Dak. It's not about the player; it's about the position and QB has always received too much blame and credit and now they're going to be receiving too much cap space so that's not going away.

What I have never gotten, going back to Romo, is this attachment and defense of these guys like they're a family member.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
With all the love for Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt, I need to remind the Arlington Jonesboys fan what Rayne Dakota Prescott did to Atlanta's defense under both of these men. I am sure the first thing Quinn and Whittare telling Jerry Dumbo GM Jones is sign Dak Prescott...

So your title of the thread makes it appear both new coaches are saying to sign Dak yet nowhere are they actually quoted as saying that so stop with the false crap.

bigE79

Reaction score
Before Dak, that was Romo and it will be the same after Dak. It's not about the player; it's about the position and QB has always received too much blame and credit and now they're going to be receiving too much cap space so that's not going away.

What I have never gotten, going back to Romo, is this attachment and defense of these guys like they're a family member.
Totally agree, people act like these players actually care about them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, that's the first thing anyone does on their first day on the job, tell the boss how to run his business. They've got their hands full getting that D roster upgraded, might actually benefit them if they didn't sign Prescott?
Hey, hey! Don't get uppity, Mr. Mod!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That's what's so disappointing about any good news we get or want about Dallas. It's always the "Jerry" holding the season destroying grenade. I wonder will he even let Quinn draft the players he needs or wants to run his defense. No matter how much hope we as Dallas Cowboy fans have for any season. It always goes back to Jerry. And for 24 years it's been a Jerry ran disaster.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
They’ve dedicated draft resources to defense so the effort is there. LVE, Jaylon, Charlton, Diggs, Hill, Awuzie etc.
Dedicated resources but investing in those positions..no.

Guys like Vander Esch who had injury questions prior to his draft and had a lack of snaps in 11-11 situations are taking a high risk.

We have gotten our answer in why you don't depend on investing in risks.

Jaylon Smith..double ditto. Blown investments like Taco and others who have not done anything.

Aldon Smith was fine early on but overall was over hyped. Sure he came cheap but will not in 2021.

I know people here always overvalued Cowboy players but no hometown discounts again on Smith.

So it will be interesting how it goes. The players will be available come draft time.

I just still wonder if we will make the right choices.