CFZ Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore Gone Next Year?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think Tony Romo has been reading my posts (juust kidding) because he was saying some of the same things I've been saying this season during the game like Pollard should start the game, and Zeke should close.

But he was also saying that Dan Quinn is such a good coordinator that he won't be here next year. Same for Kellen Moore, which is why I laugh at all the Moore hate.

Moore called a brilliant game today.

As Gallup continues to rehab, the offense looks more complete lately. And the defense hasn't been perfect, but they're definitely a contender.

I'm afraid the Cowboys will lose our coordinators next year. The way I see it, if you're going to spend money on your team, both Moore and Quinn deserve HC money to come back and coach next year, maybe they should make more than the average head coaches as coordinators.

I still think we've got a shot at the 1 Seed in the NFC (call me crazy). But after this year, I'm afraid we'll lose our coordinators, and that could hurt the team.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I think Tony Romo has been reading my posts (juust kidding) because he was saying some of the same things I've been saying this season during the game like Pollard should start the game, and Zeke should close.

But he was also saying that Dan Quinn is such a good coordinator that he won't be here next year. Same for Kellen Moore, which is why I laugh at all the Moore hate.

As Gallup continues to rehab, the offense looks more complete lately. And the defense hasn't been perfect, but they're definitely a contender.

I'm afraid the Cowboys will lose our coordinators next year. The way I see it, if you're going to spend money on your team, both Moore and Quinn deserve HC money to come back and coach next year, maybe they should make more than the average head coaches as coordinators.

I still think we've got a shot at the 1 Seed in the NFC (call me crazy). But after this year, I'm afraid we'll lose our coordinators, and that could hurt the team.

Moore is not hc material

quickccc

Reaction score
- Imagine Sean Payton as HC (for a traded 2nd rd pick? )
- and Cowboys hiring Vic Fangio as DC ..should Quinn move on as HC elsewhere.

- Payton will find ways for Pollard as both runner/receiver while using both RBs to their best capability ala Kamara/Ingram
- Fangio was the one that implemented the " blue print" vs Dak-Kellen ... and in his 3-4, Parsons would be used as a rush OLB, not
a DE,..and Fangio is one of the better defensive minds in the NFL.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We can worry about that in the offseason. This time last season everyone said both those guys would be gone too. 24 hours ago the board was filled with DQ is overrated posts. Lets see what happens, lots of candidates out there that don't come from the Cowboys. I see lots of teams wanting DQ, but DQ not wanting many other teams. KM I bet gets some interviews, but doesn't seem like any teams first choice to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot depends on what happens in January. If the Cowboys go to the super bowl both will be high on many teams wish list.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We can worry about that in the offseason. This time last season everyone said both those guys would be gone too. 24 hours ago the board was filled with DQ is overrated posts. Lets see what happens, lots of candidates out there that don't come from the Cowboys. I see lots of teams wanting DQ, but DQ not wanting many other teams. KM I bet gets some interviews, but doesn't seem like any teams first choice to me.

Yeah, the board was filled with both DQ and Moore is overrated posts. But then there are those of us who realize how short-sighted and reactionary our fans are.

I"m talking about reality with the rest of the league, not how our whiny, delusional fans see it.

I think our coordinators are a big part of our team. They aren't perfect, but they've been doing a great job.

40 points on offense today and 3 points on defense . . . shows the Cowboys have some great coordinators right now.

Our fans are just too dense to realize it.

GINeric

Reaction score

Why in the HELL would you be scared to lose Kellen Moore??? He is TRASSSSHHHH!!

The dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL. If he leaves, that's not a loss, that's a GAIN!!! As a matter of fact he should have been fired weeks ago. He's the only offensive coordinator in the world that run away from what the offense is doing well.

We would be running at 5, 6 yards a clip, the opposing defense is gasping for air, then he would call three straight pass plays on short yardage plays. Then he would stop running all together when we're on a roll.....

KM is a dumb idiot, period!!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Why in the HELL would you be scared to lose Kellen Moore??? He is TRASSSSHHHH!!

The dumbest offensive coordinator in the NFL. If he leaves, that's not a loss, that's a GAIN!!! As a matter of fact he should have been fired weeks ago. He's the only offensive coordinator in the world that run away from what the offense is doing well.

We would be running at 5, 6 yards a clip, the opposing defense is gasping for air, then he would call three straight pass plays on short yardage plays. Then he would stop running all together when we're on a roll.....

KM is a dumb idiot, period!!

Exhibit A

JayFord

Reaction score
...Kellen leaving would be fine

you dont have to call a crap game and have pressure put on you to lean into the strength of your team and it happens multiple times a year

you know youre run first just do that....

Quinn leaving would hurt

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’d be surprised if Moore gets a head coach job. Dan Quinn might, but Micah will still here…

DanA

Reaction score
Dan Quinn should get 3-4 offers. I'd be surprised if Moore gets one though. I don't think you can point to Moore's offense as consistently improving or even punching above expectations. To be honest, I can't fathom how it's taken this long to have Pollard become lead back.

Last edited:

Stak78

Reaction score
Kellen is not a good situational play caller. His trick and misdirection plays are complete trash. His scheme depends solely on the talent of the ball carrier or receiver. I’m really surprised McCarthy hasn’t taken play calling away from him. He will go down with ship if the play calling doesn’t improve.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Quin yes , Moore maybe

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Moore definitely looks better when the players execute. That said, he called a very good game today.