Dan Quinn and Mike McCarthy

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
I'll give them credit for making the best of a hopeless situation. I refuse to believe that DQ didn't say to jones Inc that we need to get bigger at LB, and need to get a DT that can eat up blocks. MM, is stuck with Dak, whom I feel is a solid NFL qb, but the loss vs SF in the 2022 divisional game told me that Dak isn't the guy that can will us to victory. The loss vs GB this year, was just a team that is past is championship window imo. SF, GB, Detroit, are better than us from a schematic and organizational standpoint, with it being a toss up between us and Philly behind them.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
At this point you don't know what to believe, you hope they did this, matter of fact I'm hoping they wouldn't just sit back and do nothing

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Mike is moving the team offensively except in the playoffs. Quinn has his worst outcomes in the playoffs. One should go and I think and know it should be Quinn.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy gets credit??? The run game struggled all year because of bad scheme and bad play calling. Dak looked horrible in that first half of the playoff game. The Cowboys couldn't stop the run. GB had their WR's open all over the field. Last I saw they scored 41 points on our defense unless they just scored again. All that happened under McCarthy. Before the season it was "deep run in the playoffs". Well that didn't happen.

Sorry I'm not giving him credit especially for the meltdown at home in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
McCarthy gets credit??? The run game struggled all year because of bad scheme and bad play calling. Dak looked horrible in that first half of the playoff game. The Cowboys couldn't stop the run. GB had their WR's open all over the field. Last I saw they scored 41 points on our defense unless they just scored again. All that happened under McCarthy. Before the season it was "deep run in the playoffs". Well that didn't happen.

Sorry I'm not giving him credit especially for the meltdown at home in the playoffs.
Dak looked horrible in the 1st Half of the playoff game? That 1st interception wasn't on him. The 2nd was a forced throw because CeeDee kept pouting and whining while demanding the football even though he had already dropped several passes. Dak picked up several 1st downs with his legs. He was the 2nd leading rusher behind Pollard who was unable to gain more than 56 yards on 15 carries thanks to this season long run blocking struggling Oline. Dak was sacked 4 times and was rushed/hurried at least half the times he passed (60) the football. Dak did mess up taking a sack out in the flats, instead of simply throwing the football away, thus taking the Offense out of FG range. But I'm curious to know how Dak looked horrible?

:huh:

CWR

Reaction score
In no way do I believe Jerry isn't listening to his defensive coordinator.

The defense looks like Dan Quinn wants it to look.
I agree but Quinns Legion of Doom had lbs like Wagner 243lbs and KJ Wright 246lbs.

I'm hoping he decides he needs to have some real LBS. I don't know how much of that roster construction was due to PCs influence either.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I'm curious to know how Dak looked horrible?
Cowboys were down 27-0 and two of those scores were on Dak.

The game was basically over at that point. If GB defenders could have caught the ball, he would have ended up with 4 picks on the day. It was good to see him gaining some yards with his legs. The way he was throwing the ball all over the field was horrible.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Dak looked horrible in the 1st Half of the playoff game? That 1st interception wasn't on him. The 2nd was a forced throw because CeeDee kept pouting and whining while demanding the football even though he had already dropped several passes. Dak picked up several 1st downs with his legs. He was the 2nd leading rusher behind Pollard who was unable to gain more than 56 yards on 15 carries thanks to this season long run blocking struggling Oline. Dak was sacked 4 times and was rushed/hurried at least half the times he passed (60) the football. Dak did mess up taking a sack out in the flats, instead of simply throwing the football away, thus taking the Offense out of FG range. But I'm curious to know how Dak looked horrible?

:huh:
Yes Dak looked horrible in the first half.. as did the rest of the offense.. the defense.. ST's and coaching.. they All stunk it up.. Dak doesn't get a free pass.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys were down 27-0 and two of those scores were on Dak.

The game was basically over at that point. If GB defenders could have caught the ball, he would have ended up with 4 picks on the day. It was good to see him gaining some yards with his legs. The way he was throwing the ball all over the field was horrible.
Yeah, horrible. 68% completions percentage is horrible. No, two of those scores were not on Dak. You wish they were, but they were not.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes Dak looked horrible in the first half.. as did the rest of the offense.. the defense.. ST's and coaching.. they All stunk it up.. Dak doesn't get a free pass.
Nobody is asking for a free pass. I'm simply asking to explain how Dak was responsible for both INTs and looked horrible?

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Nobody is asking for a free pass. I'm simply asking to explain how Dak was responsible for both INTs and looked horrible?
I get that you love Dak.. he's the Boys QB and I think he will continue to be for quite a while yet.. so understandable.. we will all be back rooting for him next season.

but take off the rose colored glasses.. you are the only person I have seen saying Dak was anything else but awful in the first half.. is everyone else wrong?