Twitter: Dan Quinn - Defense missed a season high 14 tackles

willia451

Reaction score
This defense gave up 29 to the Pats. We scored 35 and it took overtime to pull it out.

If the offense struggles, we're a 30-0 team by the 4th quarter easy against a halfway decent offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was like watching last year’s defense, a bunch of Keystone cops missing tackles and being dragged around like rag dolls. Watching Diggs get beat on double moves really brought back bad memories of last year.

Reactions: BAT

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
What’s crazy is that would probably be a season low for last year’s 2020 defense :laugh:

Reaction score
It was like watching last year’s defense, a bunch of Keystone cops missing tackles and being dragged around like rag dolls. Watching Diggs get beat on double moves really brought back bad memories of last year.
It was a team loss, but Diggs was especially horrid yesterday

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was a team loss, but Diggs was especially horrid yesterday

I think he and the rest were too busy reading their press clippings. This should squelch some of the defensive player of the year talk surrounding Diggs. He hasn’t looked very good the last two games. There can’t be a team that handles success worse than the Cowboys.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know the stats but it seemed like the game vs the Vikings had players trying to strip the ball before getting the player down which resulted in giving up more yards on the plays.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they more fell into the Get-The-TO-Before-Making-The-Simple-Play crap.
To the point it hurt them.

Either way, they got B slapped...punks all of them, they should and will be ashamed, they deserve nothing better.

Reactions: BAT

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Either way, they got B slapped...punks all of them, they should and will be ashamed, they deserve nothing better.
I agree that I hope they learned a lesson and course-correct from here on out.

visionary

Reaction score
This team has a history of getting too full of itself and that’s exactly what happened here . That is squarely on the coaches

The defense needs to understand that defense not about individual play but about discipline, film study and tackling. That is defense. If Diggs needs to sit to get the message I sit him

Our DL is adequate not great
DLaw will help but we needed a real big time DT

We also need a run stuffing MLB who will lay the wood since Parsons moved all over

Some of the blame also falls on the offense. Here the biggest culprits are OL, Dak and WRs. If the offense makes a couple of plays in the first half this could be a different game

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Even Martin did not play all that well; allowed 2 pressures. As far as I could see the only player that really shined was Parson.
I turned the game after Denver scored their first TD. Diggs interference in the in-zone really pissed me off. With that said, how did the water boy do?????

jrumann59

Reaction score
And him ripping at the football instead of just making the tackle was a disgrace. Make the routine play first, otherwise it’s a good way to find yourself back on the practice squad. Or cut.
This, that is annoying ** watching them trying force a strip as the guy is dragging 3-4 down the field.

Soth

Reaction score
This defense gave up 29 to the Pats. We scored 35 and it took overtime to pull it out.

If the offense struggles, we're a 30-0 team by the 4th quarter easy against a halfway decent offense.

Exactly. It is a lot easier to play defense when the opponent is always trying to catch up. We have been scoring a ton of points and that puts pressure on the opponent's offense to score a lot too. Our defense is not good enough to win games on its own.

Western

Reaction score
Reminds me of Varsity Blues when the team partied the night before and got blown out.
landing-strip-1024x573-1.jpg