Video: Dan Quinn Interview

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not a problem. Of coarse I cant find the article that quoted him on google as there are now hundreds of them saying his job was safe. But the article I read quoted him in saying he's not going to do anything drastic like changing the terminology and stuff like that due to no preseason.

As best I can recall, he said he believes in adapting his schemes to the players, rather than expecting the players to adapt to the system. Maybe he was strictly referring to the offense, rather than the defense. I believe most of us thought it would apply to the defense, as well. Perhaps there was a lack of communication between MM and Nolan in that regard. In any case, I think our players will be better acclimated to Quinn's defense, likely in a much more expedient way.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nolan's mistake was trying to do too much in a COVID19 season where there was not enough "one on one" hands-on teaching time with his guys to properly install his "grand defensive scheme". The virtual teaching environment was not a suitable substitute(sound familiar, parents?). Dan Quinn sounds like he will not repeat that mistake. He does have a reputation of being an excellent teacher so I suspect his scheme will get communicated well to the players and he will see to it those lessons are learned by his guys. Our defense will be different yet again but I have good reason to believe it will be improved.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Meh this hire does nothing for me. I see it as downgrade tbh. The cowboys were the epitome of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory forever. The falcons took that over a while ago.