Dan Quinn is dumber than McCarthy

XXLMike

Reaction score
I’ve had enough of the backward hat routine / grown man - put your hat on correctly.

I’ve had enough of watching Micah Parsons run directly into a brick wall play after play after play ( Penei Sewell)
When you have an elite special talent with speed like Parsons / you move him around you get creative you don’t just put him on the same side of the field over and over to get pinned down by a gigantic right tackle - asinine!
Parsons wasn’t held once last night .

And the ultimate and stupidity is playing tough man-to-man coverage the entire game, and then all of a sudden going into a soft zone, allowing Detroit to zip down the field like it was techmobowl.

Didn’t he learn from what Tom Brady did to him didn’t he learn?

He’s also to blame for our late round picks of 6 “3” DBs who never panned out. At least 4 plus the stiff from Miami.

The fact that he did not push for a linebacker and a defensive tackle throughout the season is mind blowing.

We’re getting slashed apart in the run game.

Quinn’s blitzing has gone to crap as well - corner blitzing ? Non existent.

The shine is off “ DQ”

bewp7

Reaction score
if they not getting turnover this d is cheeks

mccarthy and quinn both need to go if this team ever want to win a super bowl

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yet his defense has held some good teams to acceptable totals. Not saying I like everything either but if you had asked a 100 head coaches if they would take their chances with those scores before the Dolphins \ Lions games, it would be unanimously accepted.

Simple fact is that the coaching all around is light years better than it was for years. Is it good enough? That's a legit question. Garrett \ Marinelli years aren't a high bar.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ve had enough of the backward hat routine / grown man - put your hat on correctly.

I’ve had enough of watching Micah Parsons run directly into a brick wall play after play after play ( Penei Sewell)
When you have an elite special talent with speed like Parsons / you move him around you get creative you don’t just put him on the same side of the field over and over to get pinned down by a gigantic right tackle - asinine!
Parsons wasn’t held once last night .

And the ultimate and stupidity is playing tough man-to-man coverage the entire game, and then all of a sudden going into a soft zone, allowing Detroit to zip down the field like it was techmobowl.

Didn’t he learn from what Tom Brady did to him didn’t he learn?

He’s also to blame for our late round picks of 6 “3” DBs who never panned out. At least 4 plus the stiff from Miami.

The fact that he did not push for a linebacker and a defensive tackle throughout the season is mind blowing.

We’re getting slashed apart in the run game.

Quinn’s blitzing has gone to crap as well - corner blitzing ? Non existent.

The shine is off “ DQ”
You lost me at the first sentence. Why do you care which way he wears his hat? Bill B has been wearing a cutoff Hoodia for decades. Nobody cares.

The defense once again held a top offense in check. Playing prevent was dumb, but it happens. We won.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
We drafted a DT in the first but will take him another 1 or more, so should have been more active in FA at that position.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How quickly people forget. The defense was one of the worst in the league in all categories before he got here. It isn’t perfect but it is light years better. Let’s not forget the injury to a pro bowl CB, rookie LBer slated for a big role, and most recently our run stiffing DT. They have played very good teams as of late and yes they are a small defense right now and it shows but Quinn has done an amazing job here. I didn’t like prevent defense with 1:45 left on the clock either but that doesn’t make me overlook the overall job he has done revamping this defense.

Stak78

Reaction score
Quinn has definitely turned this defense around from the abomination that was Mike Nolan’s defensive scheme. That being said. I do feel DQ has some flaws that are exploited by good opposing coaches. Quinn stays the course a little too much. There are times he should definitely mix up his alignments to keep the opposing offenses guessing. I wish he’d come into every game with a different look on the front seven.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Yet his defense has held some good teams to acceptable totals. Not saying I like everything either but if you had asked a 100 head coaches if they would take their chances with those scores before the Dolphins \ Lions games, it would be unanimously accepted.

Simple fact is that the coaching all around is light years better than it was for years. Is it good enough? That's a legit question. Garrett \ Marinelli years aren't a high bar.

We have resorted to the Ben but don’t break well. We broke last night in the final two minutes. Massive concern going forward.

XXLMike

Reaction score
You lost me at the first sentence. Why do you care which way he wears his hat? Bill B has been wearing a cutoff Hoodia for decades. Nobody cares.

The defense once again held a top offense in check. Playing prevent was dumb, but it happens. We won.
I also thought the cut of hoodies was a disrespectful shambolic look for a grown man to walk around in.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure if part of it is Micah being stubborn (wanting to go up against the best)
But yeah Micah was working the other side tackle.

he was still getting chipped on sewells side.

It’s far to easy for teams to take him out of the game when you leave him on the edge the whole time

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
It's the old "prevent defense is to prevent you from winning" thing. That drove me nuts. The defense was playing well all game long, so I wanted them to keep doing what they were doing. Now, just to be clear, there's a down side to doing it that way. Every now and then, some other team will pull out a game by getting a big play.
I think Dan Campbell assisted in the win by being over aggressive. It looked like he sealed the game when the 2-point conversion was apparently successful. Luckily, the Lions gave us a gift by that player forgetting to report as an eligible receiver. So they get backed up, and they try the 2-pointer AGAIN from that far back? Not smart. At that point it would have made more sense for them to just kick the extra point and try your luck in overtime. Then, appallingly, the Cowboys gifted them their 5 yards back with a penalty, and he STILL went for the 2. Not smart, Dan Campbell, but thank you.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I also thought the cut of hoodies was a disrespectful shambolic look for a grown man to walk around in.
Yet the guy wearing it won 6 rings. Have you considered that projecting your own beliefs onto others, specifically those more successful than yourself is counter intuitive?

XXLMike

Reaction score
Yet the guy wearing it won 6 rings. Have you considered that projecting your own beliefs onto others, specifically those more successful than yourself is counter intuitive?

Listen, that’s how I feel. I’m not saying anything about his successes of football coach. I’m talking about his appearance.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Baltimore defense is awesome. Not just some fake defense like Dallas has been parading all season. We had Baltimore's defense? Super Bowl tittle....I stick to what I always say. No defense? No Championship in Dallas. What a F'in shame the sorryazz front office can't figure this out :facepalm:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we should go back to Nolan. He did wonders here before. Quinn has taken the team downhill from what Nolan did while he was here.

/sarcasm off

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I’m a grown *** man and like to wear my hat backwards. Lol! Cracks me up this bothers some people. As for Quinn we don’t know if he pushed for LB or DT and minus our defense we may not be in the playoffs as the offensive sucked earlier this year and the D carried us.