Dan Quinn is dumber than McCarthy

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve had enough of the backward hat routine / grown man - put your hat on correctly.

I’ve had enough of watching Micah Parsons run directly into a brick wall play after play after play ( Penei Sewell)
When you have an elite special talent with speed like Parsons / you move him around you get creative you don’t just put him on the same side of the field over and over to get pinned down by a gigantic right tackle - asinine!
Parsons wasn’t held once last night .

And the ultimate and stupidity is playing tough man-to-man coverage the entire game, and then all of a sudden going into a soft zone, allowing Detroit to zip down the field like it was techmobowl.

Didn’t he learn from what Tom Brady did to him didn’t he learn?

He’s also to blame for our late round picks of 6 “3” DBs who never panned out. At least 4 plus the stiff from Miami.

The fact that he did not push for a linebacker and a defensive tackle throughout the season is mind blowing.

We’re getting slashed apart in the run game.

Quinn’s blitzing has gone to crap as well - corner blitzing ? Non existent.

The shine is off “ DQ”
You’re even more miserable after a win. Don’t beat the dog. Just look in the mirror.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Listen, that’s how I feel. I’m not saying anything about his successes of football coach. I’m talking about his appearance.
Why in the world would you tell a guy to do something different if what they're doing is clearly working for them?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How quickly people forget. The defense was one of the worst in the league in all categories before he got here. It isn’t perfect but it is light years better. Let’s not forget the injury to a pro bowl CB, rookie LBer slated for a big role, and most recently our run stiffing DT. They have played very good teams as of late and yes they are a small defense right now and it shows but Quinn has done an amazing job here. I didn’t like prevent defense with 1:45 left on the clock either but that doesn’t make me overlook the overall job he has done revamping this defense.
LVE was a big loss as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah, I have an issue with Quinn too. His soft coverages drive me crazy. 3rd and 10 and he plays corners 11 yards off. That Lions drive at the end was just too easy. Where was the pressure?

Remember, Quinn moved Parsons to the right side of the defense against the 49ers basically matching him against Trent Williams, when Parsons could have stayed on the left and feasted on the right side of the 49ers DL.

I know I am a little sore at him right now because of that last drive. Had they lost there would be more goats than him, but they really need to do a better job in the two minute defenses against better teams.

J_Allen

Reaction score
That prevent defense at the end of the games or halves needs to go in the trash. How many more times does he need to fail before he learns? Was the Super Bowl not enough for him?

I remember when he first came here he pulled almost all the starters from the defense and almost lost the game for us. What is it with his fascination of blowing games?

If he keeps it up he needs to do it somewhere else. I'm absolutely tired of it like everyone else is.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dan Quinn will forever be the coach who allowed the 28-3 comeback in the Super Bowl with 17min left. That was his defense. His defenses fold when it matters most. They look great against the low level offenses, usually at home. But his defenses made no real impact against SF in any game, regular season or playoffs.

The final drive last night sums him up the best. He has no idea how to close out a very close game. And go back to the Miami game. Offense didn't play its best but it found a way to get the lead late. Defense both times just vomits all over itself and allows the offense to go down the field with ease.

All I keep hearing is the defense shouldn't have been in that position. Ok, that's all well and good but they were. And both times they had leads. We just needed one more stop. The really good defenses don't leave the excuses on the table.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure if part of it is Micah being stubborn (wanting to go up against the best)
But yeah Micah was working the other side tackle.

he was still getting chipped on sewells side.

It’s far to easy for teams to take him out of the game when you leave him on the edge the whole time
This is why it's not a no brainer throwing the bank at him and making him the highest paid defensive player in history. He's nowhere to be found when we need him the most. As you said, it's so easy for teams to take him out the game. A lot of his stats seem to pile up in a few games, usually against junk offenses. I'd love to see a split of his stats vs the good offenses and the bad ones. I would imagine it would be a big split of production.

If we can't figure out a way to maximize his production and he can't figure out how to make an impact against the good teams, especially the playoffs, well then what is the point of paying him a gigantic contract in the next years.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This happens to him everywhere. His shine wears off. A lot of his "experiments" this year hurt this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The league is built for defenses to fail.

Quinn has done a unbelievable job.

Shane612

Reaction score
Quinn is the best DC ever.
Quinn is HC material.
Quinn is a bum.
Quinn should be fired.
Quinn is a genius.
Quinn is an idiot.
Quinn is the next Cowboys' HC.
Quinn doesn't know what he's doing.
Quinn ruined this defense.