Dan Quinn next year?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This article has aged a bit but still provides a detailed list of candidates

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/09/29/future-nfl-head-coach-candidates-daily-cover

Second-chance head coaches​

Dan Quinn, defensive coordinator, Cowboys

Quinn, 52, has interviewed each of the past two offseasons. He remains a safe bet for a team looking for an experienced program manager who can also draw top coordinating talent. “If he wants one” was the refrain I heard on Quinn, meaning, if an opportunity strikes him as the right one, he will have his pick. Quinn could factor heavily in this cycle, especially if there is a wide array of openings. Quinn was 43–42 during his time with the Falcons, making the playoffs twice in four-plus years and reaching the Super Bowl in the 2016 season. As we mentioned last year, Quinn’s energy is absolutely infectious. As we begin to appreciate the true genius of Pete Carroll in Seattle, I think we can more easily make room for Quinn as a second-chance candidate.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/27/panthers-coaching-candidates-replace-frank-reich

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry will probably increase his salary as much as possible to keep him. He likes it in Dallas, and Jerry listens to him.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
DQ is about gone. You don’t stay a DC after one of your players breaking an NFL record.

That is a big time accomplishment on his resume that he can sell to the GMs.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I think he clearly has interest or he wouldn’t take so many interviews but he probably realizes it should be a good situation because he has it pretty good in Dallas right now. I think an opportunity like the Chargers is pretty ideal is Staley gets the sack and that could tempt him to move on if he were able to get that opportunity there. Plus, those guys have a long leash… look at Staley. Of course, they might be more interested in an offensive HC and then, look no further then the illustrious Kellen Moore.
He has no Interest whatsoever for a head coaching position. Quinn is a businessman and by taking interviews it is forcing Jerry to go deep into his pockets to keep him here. Rinse and repeat again for next year. Dan Quinn loves Dallas you can tell by his emotions. He has it good here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s too early to know anything about Quinn’s future. His choices of staying or going somewhere else will almost certainly hinge on what this team does in the playoffs. Another early exit will hamper his choices. If the Cowboys make it to a conference championship or better, he can probably name his ticket.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I have no clue why anybody would want him as a HC.

Hiring a defensive coach is dumb, and he's already proven to be a meh HC.