Twitter: Dan Quinn on if Daron Bland will be targeted more

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely noticed the adjustment at halftime. I’m not sure why it didn’t happen sooner.
You want to see if your guy can settle down and course correct.

But Metcalf is a veteran whose big AND fast, somebody Bland probably haven't seen too much of since he took over.

When Bland showed he couldn't correct it, then you make the change.

blueblood70

Reaction score

in my opinion the bigger problem is staying in man so much and leaving all of those dudes on an island you're counting on the pass rush and turnovers and getting sacks way too much the defense just isn't what it was supposed to be it's been a big let down to me it's the most underachieving part of this team going into the season everybody said this was gonna be the strong part it is not the strong part of the team right now that's the offense and special teams defense is coming up in the rear right now.....

Reaction score
Metcalf's combination of size and speed was obviously a big problem for Bland. So having Gilmore shadow him makes sense.

AJ Brown is similar to Metcalf in terms of size. May not be as fast as Metcalf but still very dangerous. We may see Gilmore shadow him as well since he presents the same problems as Metcalf

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Washington and Seattle came after him. Hopefully the 10 day break does him some good.

KDM256

Reaction score
Once Gilmore started shadowing DK, Seattle basically went the opposite direction. Say what you want about Gilmore, but opposing teams still respect the guy's ability to make a QB look foolish. I just wish some CZers could see the same

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once Gilmore started shadowing DK, Seattle basically went the opposite direction. Say what you want about Gilmore, but opposing teams still respect the guy's ability to make a QB look foolish. I just wish some CZers could see the same
I like Gilmore. You rarely hear his name and for a DB, that's not a bad thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But Metcalf is a veteran whose big AND fast, somebody Bland probably haven't seen too much of since he took over.

Yeah, Metcalf really overwhelmed him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Metcalf's combination of size and speed was obviously a big problem for Bland. So having Gilmore shadow him makes sense.

AJ Brown is similar to Metcalf in terms of size. May not be as fast as Metcalf but still very dangerous. We may see Gilmore shadow him as well since he presents the same problems as Metcalf
I hope they look at that idea earlier than they did against Seattle.

Proof

Reaction score

he is dangerous, and that may be the plan. they are not similar in terms of size though, dk is a full three inches taller, same weight plus those wheels. we're also familiar with aj brown and have already done a decent job on him

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I look forward to another phantom PI on Gilmore vs AJ

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah I agree. He’s still a young corner. Give him the chance to right his wrongs. Then make the switch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he is dangerous, and that may be the plan. they are not similar in terms of size though, dk is a full three inches taller, same weight plus those wheels. we're also familiar with aj brown and have already done a decent job on him
Yeah Brown looks bigger than he is. I was concerned with someone DKs size and how our guys would handle him. I think Diggs is more suited for those guys if he’s healthy.