Dan Reeves anyone?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
People keep asking what coach we should get if not Parcells.

How about Dan? Did he have medical concerns?

Was doing a good job in Atlanta and only got the axe because Vick went down.

Being a former Cowboy and all, I'm positive he wouldn't want to let Cowboy fans down. Not like Parcells he seems to only care about his ego.

And for the most part he he needs and deserves a ring, hes been plenty of times but always comes up short.

Just my opinion.

joseephuss

Reaction score
At this point, no. I like Dan Reeves, but I think he may be finished.

I thought Jerry should have tried to hire Reeves to replace Switzer. I don't know if it was possible at the time, but Reeves would have been a good fit at the time. He is offensive minded.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Jones will want a tie-in from the Tex/Landry regime...

He makes great effort to distance from those executives, coaches and players...

scottsp

Reaction score
Hey, I have questions about Parcells just like the next guy. I don't perceive him to be the infallible genius many have proclaimed him to be. But I am glad he is the coach of the Cowboys.

Is he a bona fide Hall of Famer? Yeah. Brilliant at times? Certainly. Does he let the occasional brain fart? Absolutely. That in mind, he is better than many who roam NFL sidelines these days.

As per the question regarding Dan Reeves, I would think he's done. He is actually younger than Parcells. And true, his medical situation might not allow him to coach.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
No thanks! Bill hasn't done that bad. The team is improving, we just have to give him a little time to put it all together.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
scottsp said:
Hey, I have questions about Parcells just like the next guy. I don't perceive him to be the infallible genius many have proclaimed him to be. But I am glad he is the coach of the Cowboys.

Is he a bona fide Hall of Famer? Yeah. Brilliant at times? Certainly. Does he let the occasional brain fart? Absolutely. That in mind, he is better than many who roam NFL sidelines these days.

As per the question regarding Dan Reeves, I would think he's done. He is actually younger than Parcells. And true, his medical situation might not allow him to coach.

I'm a BP guy too......I just thought since we were throwing coaches around.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we name an interim coach until the season ends.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I'm fine with Parcells for now. After him, I want a young, inspired coach...someone coming from an assistant nfl job or a head college job.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I like BP and wouldn't want any other coach but if I had to make a change, it would be Art Shell. He's been around for awhile and did nothing but WIN with the Raiders. He deserves another shot anyway... He's also about DISCIPLINE and the ball would go downfield without a doubt...

Justis

Reaction score
Oh yes, and the second Dan Reeves is 2-2 fire him. Everytime a coach ends up at .500 he's out of here. The fact that people are talking about this is more depressing than anything that could happen on the field. You freaking ingrates, Bill has set this team up to be a winning franchise for the next five years. We were all excited about this off-season, suddenly that's not good enough. He makes a mistake and heck, get another coach, which is instantly disposable when he makes a mistake. I've heard ignorance, but this is mob mentality. A bunch of angry sports fans crying for their pound of flesh. It's sickening.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Reeves was always my choice to replace Landry.......but No......If and when Parcells is ready to be replaced I'm for some young upstart ready to make a name for himself.

Someone with energy to burn, a communicator, a coach with enthusiasm for the game, a coach that has vision and is an innovator. Who this person is.....?????

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
People keep asking what coach we should get if not Parcells.

How about Dan? Did he have medical concerns?

Was doing a good job in Atlanta and only got the axe because Vick went down.

Being a former Cowboy and all, I'm positive he wouldn't want to let Cowboy fans down. Not like Parcells he seems to only care about his ego.

And for the most part he he needs and deserves a ring, hes been plenty of times but always comes up short.

Just my opinion.

It will be your job to dust him off or raise him from the dead ;)

·[A]koN·

Reaction score
... Hmmmm...neh' parcellsis good for now. but if they fire him (really really doubt it!!!) anyone like TICE? ... (hes gonna get fired from MIN) ....

..... NOT ME.... LOL

Reed

Reaction score
Usc Head Coach, Right Now, Yes? No? Yess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Reeves was always my choice to replace Landry.......but No......If and when Parcells is ready to be replaced I'm for some young upstart ready to make a name for himself.

Someone with energy to burn, a communicator, a coach with enthusiasm for the game, a coach that has vision and is an innovator. Who this person is.....?????

I sure like what Atlanta's coach Jim Mora Jr. brings to the table. He has passion, fire, energy and he's anything but conservative. It would be nice to find a similar guy when Bill decides to give it up. ;)