Dan "The Gambled" Campbell

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Yep..You Got 3 OL Huddling Around The Ref,Hey I'm Eligible Or I'm Ineligible.I Think The Lions Are Partly The Blame Confusion To The Ref Here..
Being To Aggressive For 3 Tries For 2 Point Conversion Equals Total Confusions..

Maybe Lion Fans Should Be Pulling Their Hair Out And To Have Dan "The Gambled" Campbell Kick PAT..

I Know I Would Be Pulling My Hair.. MM..Kick The D*mn PAT

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep..You Got 3 OL Huddling Around The Ref,Hey I'm Eligible Or I'm Ineligible.I Think The Lions Are Partly The Blame Confusion To The Ref Here..
Being To Aggressive For 3 Tries For 2 Point Conversion Equals Total Confusions..

Maybe Lion Fans Should Be Pulling Their Hair Out And To Have Dan "The Gambled" Campbell Kick PAT..

I like Dan’s overall approach. But there’s a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. I think when the 2 pointer was called back I would have played for overtime. Especially when you just drove it down our throats. Detroit had momentum. Wreckless decision IMO.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I like Dan’s overall approach. But there’s a difference between being aggressive and being stupid. I think when the 2 pointer was called back I would have played for overtime. Especially when you just drove it down our throats. Detroit had momentum. Wreckless decision IMO.
Yep, difference between aggressive and stupid. He let his emotions get the best of him and it cost the team

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In three years he's turned the Lions from a joke into contenders. This place laughs at odd things, until the Cowboys turn into the joke.

You got the win tonight, but barely, let's not act like dominant clowns afterwards. Yes, I'm not being realistic with this fanbase.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think he is a fantastic coach. He has the Lions pointed in the right direction, but I do think he was a bit over-aggressive tonight. He left enough points on the field to take the win.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
In three years he's turned the Lions from a joke into contenders. This place laughs at odd things, until the Cowboys turn into the joke.

You got the win tonight, but barely, let's not act like dominant clowns afterwards. Yes, I'm not being realistic with this fanbase.
Overall I like him as a coach, but there are times he let's his emotions get the better of him to the detriment of the team. Go for 2 on the 2yd line, good aggressive call, go for 2 on the 7yd line when a XP will tie the game and most likely force OT, is not a good call. He got lucky and got the penalty and doubled down for the third attempt, take the points and tie the game up. Playing aggressive is great, but you also have to play smart and he didn't do that and was given multiple chances.

nobody

Reaction score

There's a simple solution and it's stupid it's not implemented. If you're on offense, you're eligible, period. No need to declare, not calling for ineligible receivers. If it's a legal pass, anyone is eligible.

Motorola

Reaction score
There's a simple solution and it's stupid it's not implemented. If you're on offense, you're eligible, period. No need to declare, not calling for ineligible receivers. If it's a legal pass, anyone is eligible.
REALLY?

Use the sarcasm font if you're not serious.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
The guy has taken a laughing stock team to a playoff contender. If the man wants to go for it then go for it. None of us are coaching in the NFL atm that I am aware. I would have kicked the extra point after the penalty, but the guy has guts and he has turn that organization around so I will give him the benefit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah that is what he should have done, but he lost his temper and got obsessed with the 2 pt play. OT was the way to go.
I think he lacked confidence in his players to win a ot game, when I thought detroit had the edge, they were playing better than they had all night.
Dan didnt want to let the dallas offense back on the field and clearly didnt think his players could beat dallas in ot, so what a slap in the face to them!

And if Detroit practiced that play all week that shows their coaches are not very good at teaching a odd play to their guys.
Dan need to go to anger mgmt class, so he can think clearly in those situations, alot of HC need to learn how to control their anger, it doesnt help it hurts.

Flamma

Reaction score
During his press conference he said he told his players that they were going to go for the win before the drive even started. Might seem silly to some fans and media but he kept his word to his players. Gotta respect that.
Where do you draw the line on that? The expectation is to go for two from the two. What if there was a personal foul, do they go for two from the 17 yard line?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Playing for a shot at the #1 seed.

Mcsports

Reaction score
I see your point and argument. But it’s already difficult to see which receivers are “on” and “off” the line of scrimmage. It’s just a matter of inches .
It’d be hard to defend if players from numbers 50 to 79 were eligible receivers too. The offense already gets plenty of breaks with defensive holding and pass interference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
After the third attempt which was arguably the dumbest decision I’ve seen I could only think of the Three Stooges “ Niagara Falls, Slowly I turn” skit. Lol

Reaction score
I don’t agree but I can understand why he went for the 2 points but when they went back 5 yards and went again that was insanity, especially when you think how many times they were in the red zone and couldn’t get in. Surely there’s nothing that would give you confidence to go from it from there, if it was a massive shoot out and 42-41 and you’ve been punching it in all night you might fancy it but when you’ve struggled all night is crazy.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The odds seemed better that they would get the 2-point conversion, even from the 7, than win a coin flip and move the ball 75 yards. At least the outcome was in their hands and not a coin's.