Dane's Mock-Draft Show is a very realistic projection

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That's exactly where NFL has him. Seems like a reach.
If you want a safety you better take one in round 2 because there won't be on there in r3 worth taking.
The run will start mid to late R1 but then you only have Moehrig, Grant, Holland imho if you want a starter.
Holland had 9 picks and was the consensus top safety before opting out when the PAC decided to finally play a month after everyone else.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you like these players more than others in their respective positions then you better take them while you have the chance. Maybe a round earlier or else regret not getting them and cry over spilled milk.
Now we think Cowboys like Milton then so do rest of the teams. You may need to take him in round 2 unless you like another prospect more. Just the way draft is.
Some teams have late R1 grades on Milton apparently. He is a physical freak. If he made R3 that's a steal imho.

The Realist

Reaction score
I’d rather build the trenches early, but Holland is a ball magnet and we haven’t had a real free safety since Darren Woodson retired in 2004 GW Bush was president.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He played 5T alot, and thats really counter to his strengths. He doesnt have great length to win with leverage. He could be a play making 3T in the pro's in the mold of Geno Atkins, but I don't the versility is there

If we draft him, I'll definitely be hoping for an Atkins-like career.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That be an A+ draft imho.
Value and fit align perfectly.

1-Surtain -- Everyone knows we want him thus Philly wants to bluff us into trading up. Good luck to them, idiots. Perfect fit and has to be scary for Philly who is likely drafting a Bama WR so we'll have the CBs that know them best in the world....
2. Jevon Holland is probably the best pure coverage safety in this draft. -- He's like Earl Thomas minus run skills and consistent play. But as a man coverage safety or single high he is a great prospect that was ranked in top 15 before the season began. He's not a 4.3 guy by any means but he is plenty quick with great play recognition and he projects to a nickel CB in many schemes. In Dallas his football IQ and general play making would elevate him to a top flight modern safety.
3. Milton -- Dane special. Dane is very plugged into what Dallas would actually do. I have no doubts these guys have been selected in Dallas own internal mocks before. Williams is the best athlete at DT in this draft. He's also undersized and may just be a 3T. But we are talking Aaron Donald minus superman strength there. No really. He ran a faster 40 and has better cone and vert numbers. He is a freak. He's also a Texas kid. His relative athletic score ranked eighth out of 1,361 defensive ends drafted since 1987. That's bananas.
4. D'ante Smith -- Another scout driven lab built value pick here. Smith was out most of this season with an undisclosed injury. But he has 35+ inch arms on 300 pounds and was a Team Captain. He checks a lot of boxes as a guy who needs to sit 1-2 seasons but has starting LT upside. This "schedule" would fit neatly in with Tyron Smith IMHO. He immediately leaps Knight and Steele as developmental OTs then emerges year 2 as swing. By year 3 you are looking to start him somewhere.

I think Smith was the one who had a good senior bowl week, he can play either Guard or Center and has the necessary length. Milton is a player they reportedly love, some think he is an inside/outside player, but might just be more of a 3T. If he's good against the run, he can beat us our two prospects as the starter. Both Surtain/Holland are no brainers, actually no brainers if they took others similarly rated at the position as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There is buzz all around the Eagles for quarterback, wide receiver/tight end, offensive linemen and cornerback. I listen to their talk shows, they expect the Eagles to stay and take what is left. One of their reporters stated if they wanted to trade up they would have never of traded down. If the Cowboys want the top cornerback all they have to do is trade a 3rd to Detroit. Broaddus basically said if the Cowboys want Surtain they will get Surtain.

I think the only teams that will trade in the top 10 are the WFT and Bears but they will have to offer two more first round picks. The Patriots because they pick 15, will only have to offer one extra pick to get to Detroit. Atlanta might trade with Denver but the Broncos are not offering the extra first round picks.
It's clear as day, either Surtain or Horn is the pick, if Pitts/Sewell are both gone. It's possible one of the corners are gone by 10, but not both or we will have Pitts/Sewell fall into our laps.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's clear as day, either Surtain or Horn is the pick, if Pitts/Sewell are both gone. It's possible one of the corners are gone by 10, but not both or we will have Pitts/Sewell fall into our laps.
Yeah we have to ignore the talking heads because they have ran out of things to talk about but I do believe that Detroit will not pick a receiver and Denver wants a quarterback. Both cornerbacks should be there at 10.