Daniel Jeremiah

gtb1943

Reaction score
The perfect guy for the most important position to fill this offseason.

So it will not happen for one of the following reasons"

1) The clown show is too stupid to figure that out
2) Some one else gets him first
3) the clown show wants him but there is a shiny toy around and they take him because they like shiny toys

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Has us taking Mazi Smith. DT Michigan. Don’t know anything about him. Opinions?
Honestly after us filling holes at S, LB, CB, OG, RB, WR. this DT is really the biggest need at this point. I think you take the biggest difference maker at IDL either 3T or NT.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The perfect guy for the most important position to fill this offseason.

So it will not happen for one of the following reasons"

1) The clown show is too stupid to figure that out
2) Some one else gets him first
3) the clown show wants him but there is a shiny toy around and they take him because they like shiny toys
I don’t know bro, they have hit out of park in free agency so far with the trades. Also you notice that they have not resigned or signed any 1 techs so keep hope alive.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He is physically, just what you want in a big, strong DT.

However, he never really put it all together in College. He was never as good as he should have been. That is somewhat concerning. He had everything he needed to dominate at a big school and he was very quiet.

Speaking for myself, I like to see great physical skills accompanied by great production. Those guys are top 10 picks. I’m not crazy about spending a first on a guy that had everything going his way and didn’t do anything special in his whole college career.

Because of that and despite great physical traits, I have viewed him as a second round pick and I wouldn’t want to draft him earlier than that.

JMO

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He is physically, just what you want in a big, strong DT.

However, he never really put it all together in College. He was never as good as he should have been. That is somewhat concerning. He had everything he needed to dominate at a big school and he was very quiet.

Speaking for myself, I like to see great physical skills accompanied by great production. Those guys are top 10 picks. I’m not crazy about spending a first on a guy that had everything going his way and didn’t do anything special in his whole college career.

Because of that and despite great physical traits, I have viewed him as a second round pick and I wouldn’t want to draft him earlier than that.

JMO
True, agree with everything you say but at pick 26 you are always gambling that the guy you pick will play well. Byron, Taco, and Tyler all had questions. Mazi could be the missing link to us having the number 1 defense in the NFL.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Avila said he was the best player he went against. It was a good battle. Avila got him on multiple reps and Mazi got him as well

cnuball21

Reaction score
Athletic run clogger that offers you very little pass rush.

Would be a pretty big reach for me.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm chugging the Mazi haterade.

In 2 years starting, he had 5 TFLs and 0.5 sacks. NT's not a high production position, but that is zero production.

The tape isn't great either. Watch his game vs TCU. The Frogs started power running to salt away the clock in the second half, and when they wanted to run through Mazi's gap, they could double team him and move him pretty easily. I saw him get dug out of his gap on two goal line TDs. So he's not really the 2-gap block eater he sometimes billed as. He's more of a 1 gap 1T sort, but without any pass rush upside

I don't think he's as good as Travis Jones last year, and Jones went 3rd round.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Mazi is just like if we draft Washington for the offense. You won’t see his benefits with his stats. The players around him will eat. Osa, LVE and the safeties will clean up with Mazi.
If I was sure of that, I’d be ok with him in the first.

I’m not convinced that will be the case. I’ve watched him play football a good bit… it wasn’t impressive against college players.

I understand where you’re coming from though.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm out on these guys that test well but don't have the production, especially in the first round. Chaisson was a classic example. They could get Pickens from South Carolina later and he actually put up a little better numbers. 44/4/2.5

gtb1943

Reaction score
I don’t know bro, they have hit out of park in free agency so far with the trades. Also you notice that they have not resigned or signed any 1 techs so keep hope alive.
A ground rule double not out of the park. They are clearly MUCH more comfortable trading then going FA; the Brandon Carr effect still paralyzes Jethro and Jr.