Daniel Jeremiah

Sydla

Reaction score
Aren't there questions about him and hasn't he largely been seen as a 2nd, maybe third round, type?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm out on these guys that test well but don't have the production, especially in the first round. Chaisson was a classic example. They could get Pickens from South Carolina later and he actually put up a little better numbers. 44/4/2.5
this is an extreme case too,half a sack is actually mind bogging considering some of the offenses he faces in college football nowadays..

reddyuta

Reaction score
He had Darnell wright going at 28,i would make that pick in a heartbeat.Frankly this whole draft is completely bonkers.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Not a fan after TCU ram right past him over and over

This shows all his snaps against TCU. Not the greatest tape, but not bad. He did have some guys run right through his gap several times, but he also was able to shed blocks and make the tackle several times. He was double and triple teamed pretty much the whole game and was still able to get penetration on a handful of plays. He should’ve had a sack but for some reason tried to play a nonexistent screen and slipped…he should’ve just kept going towards the QB.

I like Mazi and wouldn’t be mad if we picked him at #26, but there are others I’d prefer like Robinson and Washington and maybe some others (not including a CB not named Gonzalez, Witherspoon, or Porter). I’d take him over Adebawore.

Malhavoc

Reaction score

This shows all his snaps against TCU. Not the greatest tape, but not bad. He did have some guys run right through his gap several times, but he also was able to shed blocks and make the tackle several times. He was double and triple teamed pretty much the whole game and was still able to get penetration on a handful of plays. He should’ve had a sack but for some reason tried to play a nonexistent screen and slipped…he should’ve just kept going towards the QB.

I like Mazi and wouldn’t be mad if we picked him at #26, but there are others I’d prefer like Robinson and Washington and maybe some others (not including a CB not named Gonzalez, Witherspoon, or Porter). I’d take him over Adebawore.

I’m a fan, just wouldn’t take him in round 1.

ghst187

Reaction score
We tried drafting a fattie already in Bohanna…just sign Hankins or Robinson and use the picks elsewhere

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

5:35-6:00 of this tape is brutal. TCU double-teams Mazi and runs at his gap 3 straight times, and they succeed on all 3. The latter 2 were a red zone 3rd and 2 and a goal line TD, situations where you really want your big guy to make a stand.

People say they want a NT to eat blocks and free up teammates... Mazi doesn't really eat blocks. Double teams can dig him out. He gave Avila problems bull rushing 1 on 1, but he can't occupy 2 guys.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score

Hmm…not sure about my statement I’d take Smith over Adebawore anymore. That guy’s a freak.

ghst187

Reaction score
5:35-6:00 of this tape is brutal. TCU double-teams Mazi and runs at his gap 3 straight times, and they succeed on all 3. The latter 2 were a red zone 3rd and 2 and a goal line TD, situations where you really want your big guy to make a stand.

People say they want a NT to eat blocks and free up teammates... Mazi doesn't really eat blocks. Double teams can dig him out. He gave Avila problems bull rushing 1 on 1, but he can't occupy 2 guys.

I’ve been clamoring for a fat plugger in the middle for many years but I just don’t think Mazi is it. I wouldn’t even touch him in the second or third. We are talking about mostly a two down player…Hankins isn’t expensive, pay him and save a pick.