Danny McCray signs with the Bears

Hardline

Reaction score
He was not a "great" special teams player.

Bill Bates was "great" special teams player.

Jim Schwantz was a "great" special teams player.

Matt Vanderbeek was "great" special teams player.

Elvis Patterson was a "great" special teams player.

Joe Fishback was a "great" special teams player.

Kenny Gant was a "great" special teams player.

The season Dwayne Harris had last year, both returning and covering kicks/punts was "great".

McCray had the privilege of being designated the "ace" but really was just the one playing the role, not excelling.

Guess who was always the first one down field making all those tackles on punts and kick offs? I should have not used the term great. But McCray did his job highly effective.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Guess who was always the first one down field making all those tackles on punts and kick offs? I should have not used the term great. But McCray did his job highly effective.

I can accept that. But let's not sit here and pretend like this was a huge loss.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was not a "great" special teams player.

Bill Bates was "great" special teams player.

Jim Schwantz was a "great" special teams player.

Matt Vanderbeek was "great" special teams player.

Elvis Patterson was a "great" special teams player.

Joe Fishback was a "great" special teams player.

Kenny Gant was a "great" special teams player.

The season Dwayne Harris had last year, both returning and covering kicks/punts was "great".

McCray had the privilege of being designated the "ace" but really was just the one playing the role, not excelling.

I don't see a big difference between McCray and some of those players except that many of them were on wining teams.

fifaguy

Reaction score
1264591971_brendan_frase_clap.gif

OhSnap

Reaction score

True but you really want a guy that can eventually start or can be effective in a pinch also. Bill Bates