Darcel McBath

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I want some opinions or more then that, some one to knock me off of growing crush with real facts besides "he sucks"

I made it a point to get some game tape and read up as much as I can. I must say, he is quickly becoming one of my biggest draft day wishes.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I think he is good value. Not as physical as Delmas (or as costly), but is more of a ballhawk and more athletic.

Not a SS though.

dmoore

Reaction score
BAT;2730267 said:
I think he is good value. Not as physical as Delmas (or as costly), but is more of a ballhawk and more athletic.

Not a SS though.

I don't know anything about McBath, but Delmas is a very good ballhawk.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
dmoore;2730278 said:
I don't know anything about McBath, but Delmas is a very good ballhawk.

McBath had 6 picks, to Delmas' 4 in 2008. Career bests for both. More importantly, McBath has better recognition and instincts in coverage. He is just not as physical or as versatile as Delmas (supposedly can play either safety spot).

SDogo

Reaction score
I'm just really impressed by the guy on tape. As a cover safety he has all the instincts and athletic ability you would want in a CB. I'm a little concerned with his tackling. Although he does not miss many tackles he can be a "lazy" tackler.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
He's mostly a cover guy..I wouldn't put him in the box

Solid player though. i do like him in the 4th though if we can't get Rashad or Delmas.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2730320 said:
I'm just really impressed by the guy on tape. As a cover safety he has all the instincts and athletic ability you would want in a CB. I'm a little concerned with his tackling. Although he does not miss many tackles he can be a "lazy" tackler.

Does that mean he is a sure tackler, b/c that is what he is. He will make the tackle, just not in explosive fashion. Like you said, he does not miss many tackles, he breaks down well.

Again, the problem is that he is strictly a FS. That is the position that Dallas has already invested a good sum of $ on with Ken Hamlin.

SDogo

Reaction score
BAT;2730361 said:
Does that mean he is a sure tackler, b/c that is what he is. He will make the tackle, just not in explosive fashion. Like you said, he does not miss many tackles, he breaks down well.

Again, the problem is that he is strictly a FS. That is the position that Dallas has already invested a good sum of $ on with Ken Hamlin.

Yeah, I should of been more clear. It's not that he misses tackles but some times he likes to take what I call the Pat Watkins approach. Sometimes it's a piggy back ride, some times its a head down leg sweep. What ever it is, he gets the job done, just not like you want to see it.