'Dark Knight' credits pay tribute to Ledger

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOS ANGELES — Heath Ledger is getting a fond tribute from his collaborators on "The Dark Knight."

The end credits of the "Batman Begins" sequel include a farewell note to Ledger, who died in January from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs; and to special-effects technician Conway Wickliffe, who was killed last September in a stunt-car accident.

"In memory of our friends Heath Ledger & Conway Wickliffe," reads the tribute included in the credits, which went up Thursday on the Warner Bros. publicity Web site.

Ledger plays the villainous Joker in "The Dark Knight," who begins a reign of terror on Gotham City that pits him against conflicted hero Batman (Christian Bale).

The movie reteams Bale with director Christopher Nolan and returning co-stars Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman. Joining the cast are Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Beginning months before Ledger's death, his frenetic performance and demented-clown makeup have been a cornerstone of the marketing campaign for the film.

"I needed a phenomenal actor, but he also had to be someone unafraid of taking on such an iconic role," Nolan says in the production notes for "The Dark Knight." "Heath created something entirely original. It's stunning, it's captivating. ... It's going to blow people away."

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
This movie better be worth all the hype, with all the "Why so serious" crap and everything.

I still have yet to see the first one.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Like lots and lots of other folks, I've seen the trailer for "The Dark Knight."

Judging by the trailer, Ledger really did do a phenomenal job with the role. It was pretty amazing, actually.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2130226 said:
Like lots and lots of other folks, I've seen the trailer for "The Dark Knight."

Judging by the trailer, Ledger really did do a phenomenal job with the role. It was pretty amazing, actually.

It looks intriguing, but I really liked the over-the-top portrayal of the Joker that Jack Nicholson turned in the first time around... "wait'll they get a load of ME"...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dreadnought;2130067 said:
This movie better be worth all the hype, with all the "Why so serious" crap and everything.

I still have yet to see the first one.

I see it tonight in LA. It started press screenings Thursday and all the reports are that it is the best film of the year and Ledger is tremendous and will get a "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar nom.

I haven't seen hype over a Batman film like this since '89.