Dark Phoenix Final Trailer

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Jean Grey didn't already have the Phoenix Force when she previously did this?
gdmrS5W.gif
:huh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jean Grey didn't already have the Phoenix Force when she previously did this?
gdmrS5W.gif
:huh:
Excellent question, one which I did some googling to refresh my memory. In the comics, the Phoenix Force actually reached out to Jean Grey a short time BEFORE it physically bonded to her. I wonder if 20th Century Fox adopted that premise for explaining the appearance of the firebird in X-Men: Apocalypse?

It could be possible they meant the fire bird as a preclude of the Phoenix Force's actual arrival in the upcoming film by having it extend a small portion of its essence to Jean beforehand at a time it sensed her desperation.

That would help explain the firebird appearing in X:A but I may be giving FOX too much credit and it is another continuity flaw that the studio has committed (again). I am only happy they are finally getting around to introducing the cosmic entity itself, represented by Jessica Chastain, along with Jean to form one being--INSTEAD of going the pathetic sole 'omega' mutant route seen in X-Men: The Last Stand. :banghead:

Then again they may be introducing the character as something less than one of the powerful beings in the Marvel universe. That will suck if true. Apocalypse is not a cosmic being but FOX de-powered his character so it will not be surprising if they do the same with the Phoenix. :(

EDIT: I am assuming Chastain is playing the mental image of Phoenix that only Jean can see and converse with. For all I know, Chastain is playing the female version of Mastermind or some other nonsense the film does not need in my opinion.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Excellent question, one which I did some googling to refresh my memory. In the comics, the Phoenix Force actually reached out to Jean Grey a short time BEFORE it physically bonded to her. I wonder if 20th Century Fox adopted that premise for explaining the appearance of the firebird in X-Men: Apocalypse?

It could be possible they meant the fire bird as a preclude of the Phoenix Force's actual arrival in the upcoming film by having it extend a small portion of its essence to Jean beforehand at a time it sensed her desperation.

That would help explain the firebird appearing in X:A but I may be giving FOX too much credit and it is another continuity flaw that the studio has committed (again). I am only happy they are finally getting around to introducing the cosmic entity itself, represented by Jessica Chastain, along with Jean to form one being--INSTEAD of going the pathetic sole 'omega' mutant route seen in X-Men: The Last Stand. :banghead:

Then again they may be introducing the character as something less than one of the powerful beings in the Marvel universe. That will suck if true. Apocalypse is not a cosmic being but FOX de-powered his character so it will not be surprising if they do the same with the Phoenix. :(

EDIT: I am assuming Chastain is playing the mental image of Phoenix that only Jean can see and converse with. For all I know, Chastain is playing the female version of Mastermind or some other nonsense the film does not need in my opinion.

Maybe Chastain is Thanos with the infinity glove in drag.