Dark Side of the Ring: Benoit

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Was a big time WCW/WWF fan growing up. Loved the Monday Night Wars. For me, it seemed like each enterprise peaked during that time. We all know the Benoit story, and it's absolutely horrible.

That said, this is an interesting 2-part documentary. Looks like it was recently put out, and I ran across it the other night.

Seeing some of the guys I used to watch on TV open up is definitely an interesting take. Malenko, Chavo Jr., Jericho, etc. Never really thought much of Chavo Jr. as a performer as it seemed like he was never really put over, but he seems like an incredible person. Also, Jericho is just a great person as well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was a big time WCW/WWF fan growing up. Loved the Monday Night Wars. For me, it seemed like each enterprise peaked during that time. We all know the Benoit story, and it's absolutely horrible.

That said, this is an interesting 2-part documentary. Looks like it was recently put out, and I ran across it the other night.

Seeing some of the guys I used to watch on TV open up is definitely an interesting take. Malenko, Chavo Jr., Jericho, etc. Never really thought much of Chavo Jr. as a performer as it seemed like he was never really put over, but he seems like an incredible person. Also, Jericho is just a great person as well.

The other episodes in that series are pretty good too...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The other episodes in that series are pretty good too...

They are. I just watched the Brawl for All episode. I didn't remember the tournament itself but I do remember the ridiculous knockout that Gunn took against Butterbean. I thought it was pretty scary they let Bradshaw continue after the first knockdown. He was so far out cold that the subsequent knockdown may have done serious damage to him.