darkhorse LB

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rod Muckleroy - Texas

He doesnt get much publicity or press, but he is quietly an efficient and solid LB. He can play the run and the pass with great proficiency. He is a major reason why the Texas defense has been so good this year.

IMHO, he has more upside and will have a better pro career than the much more publicized and hyped Sergio Kindle......and I am a big Kindle fan.

So keep an eye on him in the BCS game.....and then at the combine and pro day.

Shady12

Reaction score
Funny that's the name that came to mind before I clicked the thread. He's been good since his freshman year, just a really good football player. He's not huge (but plenty big), not speedy but moves well. Always flown under the radar for some reason. He'll be a good NFL player. I don't think he has more upside than Kindle by any means but they'll have different roles in the NFL anyway. I think they'll both be good.

BTW did you play at Judson? I played vs. Judson in a non-district game back in the day..we got smacked.

Shady12

Reaction score
Due to:

People know more about the teams they like.

Texas is the most popular college team in the state.

Being that they have a top level program, they have more pro prospects to talk about than most.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3154796 said:
I had an idea that it was going to be a Longhorn

sorry for not being able to pull some JAG from Alcorn St. out of my backside....

BTW, Shady, I never played for Judson....but I did go there. I am not what you call an athlete...I have the love for football, just not the coordination or body for it.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3154008 said:
Rod Muckleroy - Texas

He doesnt get much publicity or press, but he is quietly an efficient and solid LB. He can play the run and the pass with great proficiency. He is a major reason why the Texas defense has been so good this year.

IMHO, he has more upside and will have a better pro career than the much more publicized and hyped Sergio Kindle......and I am a big Kindle fan.

So keep an eye on him in the BCS game.....and then at the combine and pro day.

nice find Biggems I been looking for a replacement of Brookins an then B James

Roddrick Muckelroy, Texas
Height: 6-2. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
2/16/09: An All-Big XII honorable mention, Roddrick Muckelroy had 102 tackles, 3.5 TFL and three passes broken up as a junior.

I throw a 3 or 4 rder at him

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3172742 said:
nice find Biggems I been looking for a replacement of Brookins an then B James

Roddrick Muckelroy, Texas
Height: 6-2. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
2/16/09: An All-Big XII honorable mention, Roddrick Muckelroy had 102 tackles, 3.5 TFL and three passes broken up as a junior.

I throw a 3 or 4 rder at him

well i didnt have to look too far....just at my TV every Saturday for the past 3-4 years

wick

Reaction score
To say that Muckelroy has more upside than Kindle is absurd. Muckelroy has had a nice career at Texas, but I'm not sure how well he translates at the next level. Him playing ILB in a 3-4 is out of the question because of his lack of bulk. When you watch him play in a couple of weeks, take note of his body composition. He has very little muscle mass and looks very soft.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
wick;3172882 said:
To say that Muckelroy has more upside than Kindle is absurd. Muckelroy has had a nice career at Texas, but I'm not sure how well he translates at the next level. Him playing ILB in a 3-4 is out of the question because of his lack of bulk. When you watch him play in a couple of weeks, take note of his body composition. He has very little muscle mass and looks very soft.

i made my statement because over the last decade or so, the stud LBers from UT have tended to be average at best in the NFL....the no name guys are putting up just as good of stats as those studs....thus the higher upside.