Forum Architect
Reaction score
I knew the guy was short, but didn't realize he was this short:

"RB Darren Sproles was measured in at barely 5-5."

From GBNreport.com

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Where did you read that he checked in at 5-7 or 5-8 today? Are you sure that wasn't his inflated college listing? From everything I've read, he measured 5-5 today.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
Where did you read that he checked in at 5-7 or 5-8 today? Are you sure that wasn't his inflated college listing? From everything I've read, he measured 5-5 today.

Every College and K-State state website lists him at 5'7'' and 3/4, thats even what they listed during every K-State game I saw.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Every College and K-State state website lists him at 5'7'' and 3/4, thats even what they listed during every K-State game I saw.

It's not unusual for college teams to inflate players' height/weight, though. Every year, a number of players measure considerably shorter than their programs listed them in college.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Look at J.J. Arrington. He was listed at 5-11 in college, but measured a little over 5-8 at the Senior Bowl.

Dyluke

Reaction score
Dale said:
I knew the guy was short, but didn't realize he was this short:

"RB Darren Sproles was measured in at barely 5-5."

From GBNreport.com

I can't believe he is only 5-5 :eek: He reminds me of a better Q. Griffith. Wasn't he up for the H.T. last year as well?

Bobo

Reaction score
Looks close to Warrick Dunn's size, but I thought he'd weigh less just from what I remember of him. But he weighed in at 185 at the Senior Bowl. He's not what the Cowboys need, but I think he's got a chance to run the ball in the NFL, probably in a shared role like Dunn.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Thats wrong, he is 5'7'', actually closer to 5'8''.
No he's not.
He was measured in at the Senior Bowl at just over 5'5".

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
No he's not.
He was measured in at the Senior Bowl at just over 5'5".

5-5 6/10 of an inch 185

Senior Bowl on TV today Dungy said he reminded him of Dunn. They were giving him a lot of props.

Remember Joe Morris! wasn't he 5-7 and play for BP?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'd take him in the 2nd day in a heartbeat. Height is completely overrated measurement in a runningback (Barry Sanders was 5'7"). Besides, he was a complete workhorse in college, carried an insane worklodad, and never suffered any injury problems.

btcutter

Reaction score
Height maybe overrated but Barry Sander has very large thighs and stocky built. Sproles is going to be more fragile than Avery and we know how Parcell loves those RB. With that built, he's not going to last a whole season even if he just return punts.

That measurement may have cost him being drafted on the first day and maybe even drafted at all.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They had Mark Clayton of OU at 5'-9 6/10" & 187 lbs. Just a little smaller than I expected.