Video: Darren Woodson Highlights

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys ‏@dallascowboys 4m4 minutes ago
.@DarrenWoodson28 is a three-time Super Bowl Champion (XXVII, XXVIII, XXX) #WoodyROH

CSkSHAYWwAArRha.jpg

Video: http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/10/29/throwback-thursday-darren-woodson-highlights

Doomsay

Reaction score
Some nice direction changing hits. I guess I always thought of him as such a cerebral, never out of position player...forgot how well he could lay the Wood.

Still hopeful for HOF.

mrmojo

Reaction score
My favorite defensive player of all time, always in great position, great tackler and could lay the wood. His play in nickel situations was phenomenal. Was one of the best at his position in his era I believe.

erod

Reaction score

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Lived in AZ when he played for ASU.

Had a friend who had season tickets and the best tailgating spot in the city. (I'm not just saying that. He's been a ticket holder since the early 70's.)

Watched Woody every football Saturday.

Funny thing is, he really never 'stood' out to me. I just thought he had a great football name.

Yah, I'd be a fantastic GM.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it was pretty terrible the shots they used. Can't see Darren until it's already mid tackle on half of them.

What's really bad is the only highlight vid I found on youtube has him with Roy Williams.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I found too. For as long as he's played, you'd think there would be more out there.

*shrug* He played in a diff era, before all the video stuff was readily available. Sucks, but it is what it is.

dfense

Reaction score
Sadly, Wilcox has missed more tackles already than Woodson did his entire career.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When Emmitt broke the record we played Seattle and lost.

Woodson going into the ring... Please don't lose.

I was at the game Emmitt broke the rushing record and Woodson absolutely leveled a WR.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Any Woodson highlight reel should have the 94 yard pick six off Randall Cunningham in 1994 that stifled a Birds comeback bid and clinched the NFC East. In the stinking, filthy Vet to boot.

He might be my favorite Cowboy of all time. Alot of good memories, like the one above. He broke his forearm against the Ravens in 2000, the Cowboys were like 3-7 at the time, on their way to 5-11. He played the 2nd half of that game with it broken, on a team going nowhere. That's a leader, a great teammate.

Darrell Jackson was the Seahawk he leveled in the game Emmitt broke the rushing record. Jackson suffered seizures in the locker room after the game due to that hit.

He ran like a corner, hit like a LB. Love what Zimmer said this week, paraphrasing "not just a great safety, a great football player...but a better person. There's one more HOF they need to put him in."