Darren Woodson hit on Darrell Jackson

cowboys2233

Reaction score
1fisher;2168860 said:
Is DW grinning in that pic?

Yup, I remember that -- but he was grinning more because the ref threw the flag, kind of like a grin of disagreement towards the ref, not grinning because Jackson was knocked the F out.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2168932 said:
Yup, I remember that -- but he was grinning more because the ref threw the flag, kind of like a grin of disagreement towards the ref, not grinning because Jackson was knocked the F out.
and you know this because?

k19

Reaction score
yupp

Seahawks.com Article
Seahawks 17, Cowboys 14
10/27/2002

Darrell Jackson Hospitalized

(Seahawks get first road win of the year, but at a cost: Trent Dilfer is out for the season with a torn Achilles and Darrell Jackson is taken to the hospital after suffering a seizure in the lockerroom after the game.)

DALLAS - The Seattle Seahawks had two goals they wanted to accomplish against the Dallas Cowboys. Stop Emmitt Smith and win the ballgame.

Although the Seahawks defense eventually yielded to Smith and his quest to become the NFL all-time career rusher, they did manage to accomplish the more important of the two goals --- win the game.

While facing a Dallas team that perhaps put more emphasis on Smith's rushing record than a victory in the week leading up to the game, Seattle managed to steal an important NFC road win with the 17-14 victory.

"First off I want to congratulate Emmitt Smith; he personifies everything that is good about football," Seattle head coach Mike Holmgren said. "His career has been fantastic and he's a gentleman and a good guy.

"Unfortunately I had to be here, but he got what he wanted, and I got what I wanted (a road win)."

But the victory came at a steep price for Seattle. Starting quarterback Trent Dilfer, who ruptured his Achilles' tendon on a strange play in the first half, will be lost for the season.

Also suffering a serious injury was wide receiver Darrell Jackson, who absorbed a vicious helmet-to-helmet hit halfway through the fourth quarter. Seahawks announcer Brian Davis reported on KIRO 710 radio after the game that Jackson was rushed to the hospital after he collapsed in the locker room immediately following the game. The blossoming star and three-year Seahawks veteran lay almost motionless on the field for several minutes after the hit. Although he came down limp after the hit and appeared to be dazed, Jackson was eventually able to walk off the field under his own power. The cause of his collapse after the game was not disclosed.

St. Richard

Reaction score
Whew! When I saw that the thread title was Darren Woodson hit on Darrell Jackson, I thought we were in for a Brokeback Mountain type disclosure. :eek:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
2h8bfup.gif

2-10-SEA 26 (5:24) M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete to D.Jackson.
PENALTY on DAL-D.Woodson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at SEA 26.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
St. Richard;2169099 said:
Whew! When I saw that the thread title was Darren Woodson hit on Darrell Jackson, I thought we were in for a Brokeback Mountain type disclosure. :eek:
:lmao: Good one.

Mansta54

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2169233 said:
2h8bfup.gif

2-10-SEA 26 (5:24) M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete to D.Jackson.
PENALTY on DAL-D.Woodson, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at SEA 26.

Nice....Thanks!!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I have the game on a drive somewhere I just dont have the time to go get the play for you right now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He clearly led with the shoulder IMO....

who is that corner?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Future;2169376 said:
He clearly led with the shoulder IMO....

Unfortunately (or fortunately, except when it concerns a penalty), his head is attached to his shoulders.

who is that corner?

Duane Hawthorne.