Twitter: Darren Woodson makes his annual appearance as a Pro football HOF Semifinalist

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HOF became a joke fest with some of the players that get in. They increased the number of players going in every ear. While snubbing many older players, still.
It is now a money grab event.

They need to decrease the current players and increase the older players inducted.
Now some Dallas players have been going in lately, more so than they did 20 years ago, when it seemed many were getting snubbed. So I have no issues with Dallas players. But some still need to get in.

Now are they making up for recent retired players to get some in, or is it over kill. I think it seems over kill at times. But that is just my old school opinion.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
HOF became a joke fest with some of the players that get in. They increased the number of players going in every ear. While snubbing many older players, still.
It is now a money grab event.

They need to decrease the current players and increase the older players inducted.
Now some Dallas players have been going in lately, more so than they did 20 years ago, when it seemed many were getting snubbed. So I have no issues with Dallas players. But some still need to get in.

Now are they making up for recent retired players to get some in, or is it over kill. I think it seems over kill at times. But that is just my old school opinion.
What made the HOF a joke was putting Jerry in there for basically doing nothing more than bringing more cash flow to the NFL and it's individual team owners. He hasn't done anything for the game outside of that.

Players deserve to be there more than greedy owners.

Plankton

Reaction score
Sadly, because of Woodson not making the 1990s All-Decade Team (a washed up Ronnie Lott, who only played for half of the decade at a mediocre level, made it over him), he will likely never be enshrined. The people who vote for the All-Decade teams are the same people who make up the enshrinement committee. Woodson should be a slam dunk - his unique skills as a cover guy allowed the Cowboys to play a nickel defense without changing their base package.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Images of Antonio Gates and Julius Peppers shown with the announcement list...both likely to be among the finalists.
Yeah they both should get first ballot (especially peppers whose in that rare list of people who made all decade team for 2 different decades).

They used there 2 images because they are the 2 that are first year eligible of the list

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bulk of the Selection Committee is composed of media folks. If there is a way for him to get the opportunity, perhaps Jimmy Johnson could speak on Darren Woodson's behalf during one of the committee's discussion meetings. Bill Belichick did something similar for Johnson when he was named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame special Blue Ribbon contributors for helping choose the 2000 Centennial class. Every little bit helps, especially when the entire process hinges upon the opinion of a number of people who never played the game in the first place.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What made the HOF a joke was putting Jerry in there for basically doing nothing more than bringing more cash flow to the NFL and it's individual team owners. He hasn't done anything for the game outside of that.

Yeah he is in as a contributor, is that what they call it? Not as an owner or GM.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bulk of the Selection Committee is composed of media folks. If there is a way for him to get the opportunity, perhaps Jimmy Johnson could speak on Darren Woodson's behalf during one of the committee's discussion meetings. Bill Belichick did something similar for Johnson when he was named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame special Blue Ribbon contributors for helping choose the 2000 Centennial class. Every little bit helps, especially when the entire process hinges upon the opinion of a number of people who never played the game in the first place.
Yes the media from each city where there is a team. Though I wonder if the media members for NE is from Boston or Foxboro, and Jets and Giants from NY or NJ. :laugh:

Anyway a long time ago, Dallas' representative, can't recall his name right now, hardly any Dallas players were going in. But then again he always sounded like one the the "realist" poster on here. :muttley:

When he got a promotion and Charean Williams took over, we got more players in.
As when they have their meetings, each media person gets up and gives a presentation as to why that player belongs in the HOF. Obviously Williams put a lot more effort into it than the previous person.

Dang Can't remember his name. I guess I can ty to research it.

Or that is how it used to work.

rags747

Reaction score

If it wasn’t for the greedy owners most players would be working for greedy corporations flipping burgers. What greedy organization did you work for?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rick Gosselin used to be the Cowboys representative and last I knew was Charean Williams. Not sure if she still is.