Image: Darren Woodson, Wade Phillips inducted into Texas Sports Hall of Fame

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe TrahanVerified account‏@JoeTrahan 1h1 hour ago

The great 28! My man Darren Woodson talks about his Texas Sports Hall of Fame induction coming up on @wfaasports @darrenwoodson28

C5Ol_rrVUAA_z7h.jpg

C5Ol_sLVcAAZTEV.jpg

C5Ol_sMVYAYZ5Yz.jpg

C5Ol_sMVYAciYUu.jpg

Major ApplewhiteVerified account‏@CoachApplewhite 13h13 hours ago

Congratulations @sonofbum ! A Cougar Great! #legend

C5MK8SzVcAQd4OK.jpg

TXSportsHOF‏@TXSportsHOF 3h3 hours ago

Wade Phillips signing autographs for fans. Welcome to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, Wade!

C5ORRSpW8AE4Nb-.jpg

Taylor WilliamsonVerified account‏@TBWilliamson 3h3 hours ago

It's induction day at the @TXSportsHOF! Darren Woodson, Wade Phillips, Eric Metcalf and Nastia Liukin among those being honored.

C5OO1Z9VcAAKR2g.jpg

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Darren Woodson is the most underrated safety in my lifetime. Better than Lynch, at least on par with Dawkins. I'd rank only Reed, Sharper, Polamalu and maybe Rodney Harrison ahead of him in the past 20 years when talking about guys who played only safety throughout their careers.

If we expand that to 30 years he was better than Atwater. I loved Atwater, too, but he was a linebacker playing safety and was a complete liability in coverage.

negativecreep

Reaction score
Darren Woodson is the most underrated safety in my lifetime. Better than Lynch, at least on par with Dawkins. I'd rank only Reed, Sharper, Polamalu and maybe Rodney Harrison ahead of him in the past 20 years when talking about guys who played only safety throughout their careers.

If we expand that to 30 years he was better than Atwater. I loved Atwater, too, but he was a linebacker playing safety and was a complete liability in coverage.
He was the only SS I ever saw that could hit like a line backer and the next play could cover a quick slot reciever, he was amazing to watch. Congrats to him.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Great post and they should be revered,, although I caught the name of one: Eric Metcalf?could it be the st.Louis cardinal Jim hart/Mel gray/ don 'air' Coryell ,,,Metcalf that was burning and bringing the hurt to my cowboys back then? ,,, cool.