Daryl Worley - Review

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Clowney and griffen have been on the market longer. Guess they suck.
there is red flags usually for players still on the market...clowney hasn't shown he can stay healthy and hasn't had the production and dominance you expect from a DE that wants to be the highest paid or among the highest paid....
not sure about griffen, but is he on the down side for the money he is asking, Vikings are on a run, with the money they spent and team they build, so why let go of a critical piece, there is something about griffen we don't know
I am not high on Worley, with that said, he is good as a 4th or 5th corner....

irishline

Reaction score
They let go of Khalil Mack, and Amari Cooper, too. o_O Raiders aren't exactly the smartest organization, and seem to have a tough time keeping talent. Not to compare Worley to these two players by any means. I'd just like to see what the guy can do in Dallas before declaring him a JAG. :)

And both Mack and Cooper were traded for 1st round picks, they didn't just let either of them walk in free agency. I know you said you aren't comparing players but you really shouldn't even be comparing the situations.

Not saying he will be just a JAG (though odds are he will imho), but there is nothing at all the same about anything there.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This thread evolved into what it must sound like when a group of bowling pin setting machine mechanics discuss the skill set of a brain surgeon over a couple of boilermakers.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The problem with X is that he starts with a pre-determined conclusion and then twists the facts to support it. 4.6s become 4.5s, guys lined up at 1 tech become guys lined up at 3 tech.... like what's the point of "film analysis" if you're just going to lie about basic stuff like that.

And I just skip the copy-pastes at this point. Read them all enough times already.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Can Worley play S?
There is talk about Awuzie moving to S. Why not Worley?
The options are there.
That's what the fan base observations haven't had for years.
There are evaluations now, and potential player movement that is out of availability and not out of desperation.
That is the key component to evaluate.
Availability.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just curious...………..do you watch the coaching footage where you can see the whole field or are you just rewatching the TV version?
Yes, I watch the coaches film which has 2 camera angles that are both different from the broadcast camera angle.
  • All-22
  • High End Zone View (Camera in above the goalpost but zoomed in to show the OL/DL)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can Worley play S?
There is talk about Awuzie moving to S. Why not Worley?
- He started the game aligned as one of the 2-deep Safeties.
- He played RCB, LCB and covered the slot WR, 2-deep Safety, single-high FS and SS.

Cebrin

Reaction score
And both Mack and Cooper were traded for 1st round picks, they didn't just let either of them walk in free agency. I know you said you aren't comparing players but you really shouldn't even be comparing the situations.

Not saying he will be just a JAG (though odds are he will imho), but there is nothing at all the same about anything there.

Not exactly, sure. Did the Raiders really get the same talent in return of those picks? Jacobs is good, but a RB typically doesn't last as long, and is frowned upon (as we all know) as a first round pick. I'm all for opinions, but painting Worley as a JAG, because he didn't fly off the market in the first two days of free agency is an embellished statement I don't support. We didn't break the bank on the guy, so there's no need to give sensationalized statements about a veteran journeyman who adds depth, and competition in the backfield.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not exactly, sure. Did the Raiders really get the same talent in return of those picks? Jacobs is good, but a RB typically doesn't last as long, and is frowned upon (as we all know) as a first round pick. I'm all for opinions, but painting Worley as a JAG, because he didn't fly off the market in the first two days of free agency is an embellished statement I don't support. We didn't break the bank on the guy, so there's no need to give sensationalized statements about a veteran journeyman who adds depth, and competition in the backfield.
No, but average skillset and average play does.

Cebrin

Reaction score
No, but average skillset and average play does.

His last 4 games as a Raider:

- 14 targets
- 42% completion percentage
- 3 pass break-ups
- 21.75 yards allowed per game
- 63.9 passer rating allowed

Not average at all. That's pretty good for a guy who is only 24. Especially in a defense that was bottom of the league. Their coordinator has the same issue as our former. Too much zone defense, and bend don't break philosophy. Worley is better when playing man.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Daryl Worley
Draft: 6-1, 204
NFL Listing 6-1, 215
33-3/8" arms
10-1/4 hands
Combine 4.52 HH Forty Time

Computing top speed based on the different in his 10 yard and 40 yards times:
Worley: 21.2 mph
Jeff Okudah: 20.94
Kristian Fulton: 20.99

I reviewed 2 games (Green Bay and KC).

I picked those 2 because the Raiders gave up a lot of points in those games.
GB scored 42 and KC scored 40.

In the KC game up to the beginning of Q4 he gave up 1 completion for about 7 yards by my count.
- He had a really good pass breakup vs KC's TE Kelce.
- He started the game aligned as one of the 2-deep Safeties.
- He played RCB, LCB and covered the slot WR, 2-deep Safety, single-high FS and SS.
- He was often matched up vs Tyreek Hill in man coverage.
- He looked more comfortable at RCB than LCB.

In the GB game they started targeting him at the end of the 2nd quarter when he was at LCB.
- He gave up a a few shorter passes then 1 long pass.
- He appeared to be playing zone but there was no defender behind him.
- They moved him to RCB after the long pass completion.
- He gave up another somewhat long pass.
- Again he appeared to be playing zone but there was no defender behind him.
- On both long passes he could have defended the player that caught the pass if he was not trying to also defend underneath.

Overall nothing Wow but solid pass defense and decent tackler..

Thanks for the post. He's still very young, too.

kskboys

Reaction score
His last 4 games as a Raider:

- 14 targets
- 42% completion percentage
- 3 pass break-ups
- 21.75 yards allowed per game
- 63.9 passer rating allowed

Not average at all. That's pretty good for a guy who is only 24. Especially in a defense that was bottom of the league. Their coordinator has the same issue as our former. Too much zone defense, and bend don't break philosophy. Worley is better when playing man.
Against 3 terrible passing teams and the Chargers. Back to average.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Against 3 terrible passing teams and the Chargers. Back to average.
source.gif