Daryn Colledge as OG???

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Just thinking about oline some here...I've like what i've read about Colledge and watched him in two games at Boise...hard to judge because of competition, but he dominated when I watched...great technique, and appeard strong.

Very good combine results and tough and impressive.

Size wise he's not the prototype OT...only 6'4 and almost 300 lbs. If he adds 10 lbs and at 6'4 he could be a great guard...a really good one.

The more I think the more I'd like to get this kid in the later 2nd or early 3rd somehow and put him at OG...knowing he has the flexibility to play OT if needed.

Crazy thought, but fit the Hutchinson type mold/size/quickness/toughness/strength

Daryn ColledgeBoise St. 6043 / 299 / 5.04forty

Maybe hairbrained thought, but he could be a top OG.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
He could work there, but he'd be more of a pass blocker than anything though. I think he'd be similar to Kosier; lots of versatility but no true position.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Colledge is my favorite OT in the draft behind only Ferguson . I'd love to have him behind Fabini at the RT spot , and yes I think he could play OG . For a true guard , I really like Kevin Boothe from Cornell . Either of these two guys would be great 2nd or 3rd round picks .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I like Colledge too. There is a possibility he could fall to us in the 2nd, but I don't want to give up a FS to get him though, unless we draft FS in the 1st, and I would almost doubt that.

Pokes28

Reaction score
I like him as well. The only thing is that he really needs a lot of weight room work. He has good strength, but not good enough for a guy that "only" goes 300 pounds. This is a 315+ league right now unless you are a pulling or zone block team (and we aren't).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
This is a 315+ league right now unless you are a pulling or zone block team (and we aren't).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

So how do you explain the OG's who have been hand picked by BP?

Rivera and Kosier?

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
So how do you explain the OG's who have been hand picked by BP?

Rivera and Kosier?

Not sure where he's getting that idea...an athletic OG is what it's all about...

Kosier = 309 lbs
Rivera = 310 lbs top

Colledge can add 10lbs he's there.