Dat Dude on Sirius NFL Channel

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch Marcellus Wiley on Sirius NFL yesterday?

The host (Pat Kirwan I think) asked him if he felt he needed to rehabilitate his image.

He said that he "should have red-shirted last year" instead of playing for Dallas, but that he played and he damaged his reputation by doing so.

It was a odd statement to make. He wasn't saying he was injured, just that he regretted playing for us last year (that makes two of us, Marcellus).

It was said somewhat bitterly, but I'm at a loss as to why he should be bitter at Dallas. If anything, he robbed them for a serious amount of cash.

He also made a comment that it's nice playing for a "players coach" like Del Rio rather than the ball-buster type like Schottenheimer and Parcells.

In the end, I'm very glad that turd is out of our punchbowl.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
He isn't really a "turd" he just feels that he wasn't used to the best of his abilities here, something about what hand they wanted him to put down and stuff. I guess he just wasn't comfortable here, no reason to call him a turd, im sure he was giving it his best shot, although it really wasn't good enough, but the effort was there.

Reaction score
You know, I'm actually glad we brought in this ******, because if we had signed Burt Berry to the bigger money and he had done well, we would not have drafted Ware/Spears/Canty/Ratliff, and maybe not Burnett.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Dat Dud, Wiley, et al is a fat tub of lard, and the only thing he's gonna do in Jacksonville is help Del Rio's coaching career become Del Done-o.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
You know, I'm actually glad we brought in this ******, because if we had signed Burt Berry to the bigger money and he had done well, we would not have drafted Ware/Spears/Canty/Ratliff, and maybe not Burnett.

We would have drafted a wide receiver or QB by now. Wiley was a waste of time. Hurt the team, didn't help it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Did anyone else catch Marcellus Wiley on Sirius NFL yesterday?

The host (Pat Kirwan I think) asked him if he felt he needed to rehabilitate his image.

He said that he "should have red-shirted last year" instead of playing for Dallas, but that he played and he damaged his reputation by doing so.

It was a odd statement to make. He wasn't saying he was injured, just that he regretted playing for us last year (that makes two of us, Marcellus).

It was said somewhat bitterly, but I'm at a loss as to why he should be bitter at Dallas. If anything, he robbed them for a serious amount of cash.

He also made a comment that it's nice playing for a "players coach" like Del Rio rather than the ball-buster type like Schottenheimer and Parcells.

In the end, I'm very glad that turd is out of our punchbowl.

Wiley made a comment last week about how we tried to refine his technique and he couldn't believe they wouldn't just let a vet like him play the way he wanted to... I guess he's such a legendary player that he had nothing else to learn. :rolleyes:

Dat Dud is the kind of guy who would have loved playing for us in the Campo era... Which tells you all you need to know about him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i love how opinion is based off how the guy plays and what he does. He could've been right and Dallas made the poor decision of picking him up and not using him where he is most comfortable. We have been making huge strides in bad mistakes recently. Did the guy start crap like other players? Did he blantaly and everytime hes in front of the camera bash the Cowboys? No.

The opinion of a player shouldnt be based on his skill and his playing time if your not aware of all the surrounding facts. The guy came to Dallas...they gave him a contract, who wouldnt sign in, and lets face it..both sides made a mistake. Its not becuase he was a bust or anything, DAllas didnt utlizie him to the best of his abilities, and possibly he wasnt up to par with his skills.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
ShiningStar said:
i love how opinion is based off how the guy plays and what he does. He could've been right and Dallas made the poor decision of picking him up and not using him where he is most comfortable. We have been making huge strides in bad mistakes recently. Did the guy start crap like other players? Did he blantaly and everytime hes in front of the camera bash the Cowboys? No.

The opinion of a player shouldnt be based on his skill and his playing time if your not aware of all the surrounding facts. The guy came to Dallas...they gave him a contract, who wouldnt sign in, and lets face it..both sides made a mistake. Its not becuase he was a bust or anything, DAllas didnt utlizie him to the best of his abilities, and possibly he wasnt up to par with his skills.

I agree 100%. Roy played out of position last year but everyone seemed to understand and refrain from the "he's a turd" comments. If you were a writer and you were hired to write a book for this company, but they made you write with your left hand instead of your right... wouldn't you have something to say about it if you didn't perform well? that's a silly analagy I know.. but it's relevant and I say just leave Marcellus alone...

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
big story by Skip Wood USA Today headlines " new jaguar wiley tries to forget
failed staint with Cowboys "

quoting wiley " there are 2 marcelluses out there, as they see it. they see the
guy who had 23 or 24 sacks in 2 years and made the pro bowl and all that kind of good stuff, and then they see the guy who goes to Dallas and is barely running around and he's not getting out of his stance. "

also quoting wiley " i just stood there on the sidelines shaking my head. it made me say to myself that football is over. i wasnt feeling good, i didnt like playing under those circumstances and my bank account was good enough that it was saying ' hey man, come rest with us' "

the last quote was in reference to him being taken off the field in 3rd down
situations.

im just glad he is gone.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Wiley was given every opportunity to play the LE like he wanted and he was absolutely horrible and was getting blown off the ball by the likes of Torrin Tucker. They moved him to the RE in the hopes he could play better not to play him out of position. The funny thing is when Wiley came into the league he actually was groomed to play the RE(Buffalo) as heir apparent behind Bruce Smith. Wiley has been terrible for three years now its Dallas mistake for thinking he could be worked with and rebound, but its all on Wiley for his lack of effor, failure to learn their techniques and downrigh sucking.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:

That's like saying you'd be glad we went 0-16 because we'd have the first pick in the draft.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The Jarvpolice wile be watching Dat Dude carefully this year.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So far, from the reports I have read he will be lucky to make the squad in Jax and certainly won't be starting.

As for his downfall, let it be known that he didn't exactly light it up the two years before coming to Dallas. Last year was continuation of a slide that began in 2002, when he had 6 sacks, then 3 in 2003.

Marcellus Wiley is a worthless piece of crap.

Kilyin

Reaction score
i love how opinion is based off how the guy plays and what he does.

Uh, what else are we supposed to judge him on? The color of his socks?

He could've been right and Dallas made the poor decision of picking him up and not using him where he is most comfortable.

Wiley got plenty of chances at LE, RE, and on third downs. The guy did absolutely nothing. Fat, out of shape, do-nothing waste of a roster spot. I could have gotten more sacks than Wiley.

Regarding third downs and Wiley's absence on them. A late hit on a QB is one thing, blatantly punching him in the helmet after he gets rid of the ball on third and long is sheer stupidity, and that I would bet, is the primary reason Wiley got yanked from third down plays. If he hadn't done that, the Skins would have had to punt. Instead, their drive was kept alive and they scored.

We have been making huge strides in bad mistakes recently. Did the guy start crap like other players? Did he blantaly and everytime hes in front of the camera bash the Cowboys? No.

He didn't need to, his big contract and lack of production was enough.

The opinion of a player shouldnt be based on his skill and his playing time if your not aware of all the surrounding facts.

:huh:

I think myself and most people here are well aware of the facts concerning Wiley. I'm wondering if you are?

The guy came to Dallas...they gave him a contract, who wouldnt sign in, and lets face it..both sides made a mistake. Its not becuase he was a bust or anything, DAllas didnt utlizie him to the best of his abilities, and possibly he wasnt up to par with his skills.

This I agree with. Wiley was on the downside of his career and sliding fast, why we signed him is a mystery only Parcells or Jerruh could answer. Wasn't up to par with his skills is the understatement of the year.