Dat Nguyen's Elbow to the Head (VIDEO)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I have no idea either....I have looked...still haven't seen what that call was about.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I didn't see anything either.... oh well, not much we can do now. :(

phdefense

Reaction score
Well it is not clear cut because the action goes off camera, but it does appear that Dat raises his left arm and does something. I can not see what and was not happy that they did not even try to spot the penalty when covering the game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just kind of goes in line with the "hit to the head" call we got against us 2 weeks ago. Both calls were boarderline calls that went against us. Why am I not surprised? Seems like the refs just have something against us. We simply have to be better so when those calls come, they won't get us beat.

notherbob

Reaction score
Juke99 et al,

I think it is all about referees having personal agendas, if not selective vision.

But that's just my opinion.

In the same area of interest, Norm Shachter - (sp?) passed away today. He was the head referee in the superbowl that the refs gave to Baltimore on a phony fumble recovery as well as bad calls on other plays that day and, in fact, in virtually every game the Cowboys played where he was the head referee there were always bad or questionable calls against Dallas. I'm not even sure Dallas ever won a game he officiated. I'm sure his family saw him in a more positive light and are due sympathy for their loss of a loved one, but I'm not gonna miss old Norm one bit.

I wonder whether the issue of his honesty in officiating will be any item of discussion between him and his judge? Or is honesty in football really that important? I wonder how many people's lives are materially affected by the outcome of these games and if that matters in the moral scheme of things?
Is football exempt from normal morality? :confused:

'notherBob
Just wondering.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The officiating was really bad today. Its football, not a damn tea party, let 'em play.

I thought the call on Strahan was sketchy as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
All 3 of the calls on that drive and the one no call on Shockey killed us.
Bingo!!!

One thing I am proud of Parcells about...he doesn't seem to be blaming the refs for this loss like a certain other coach. :)

phdefense

Reaction score
People you are not looking at the right thing. Find Dat presnap and watch what happens to Hillard #88 as he runs the route past him. Watch Dat's left arm.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
notherbob said:
Juke99 et al,

I think it is all about referees having personal agendas, if not selective vision.

But that's just my opinion.

In the same area of interest, Norm Shachter - (sp?) passed away today. He was the head referee in the superbowl that the refs gave to Baltimore on a phony fumble recovery as well as bad calls on other plays that day and, in fact, in virtually every game the Cowboys played where he was the head referee there were always bad or questionable calls against Dallas. I'm not even sure Dallas ever won a game he officiated. I'm sure his family saw him in a more positive light and are due sympathy for their loss of a loved one, but I'm not gonna miss old Norm one bit.

I wonder whether the issue of his honesty in officiating will be any item of discussion between him and his judge? Or is honesty in football really that important? I wonder how many people's lives are materially affected by the outcome of these games and if that matters in the moral scheme of things?
Is football exempt from normal morality? :confused:

'notherBob
Just wondering.
okay - i'll say it. "burn in Hell norm."

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
phdefense said:
People you are not looking at the right thing. Find Dat presnap and watch what happens to Hillard #88 as he runs the route past him. Watch Dat's left arm.

Horse****. Your totally looking for something. I ran that play 100x now and do NOT even see what you are crying about. Dat bumps him. You certainly do not see 88's head snap or anything.

Watch Dat's left arm? It comes up and jams him but not in the head.

Thats to funny that you see that. :D

phdefense

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Horse****. Your totally looking for something. I ran that play 100x now and do NOT even see what you are crying about. Dat bumps him. You certainly do not see 88's head snap or anything.

Watch Dat's left arm? It comes up and jams him but not in the head.

Thats to funny that you see that. :D

Now please go back and read my first post. You can't tell one way or the other because the action goes out of the view. Your are correct that I was looking for something. It is called being objective. They were calling ticky tack stuff all day long. I just hope the NFL deems that all debts have now been paid.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I thought the call was on Glover. If you watch Glover sack Warner, it looks like his left arm hits Warner in the head. Maybe they just called the wrong number?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
No the call was on Nguyen. You see Hilliard run by him and Nguyen's arm go up but damn, you see that on every play.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I was looking for the thrown elbow by anyone and didn't see it. Looks like another mysterious flag thrown at the guys wearing the star. Typical!

Grevus

Reaction score
After looking at the video several times, I can see where they thought he might try to use an elbow. This is the first time a call was made on a player that threatened to use an elbow. That's 2 calls on this drive that were sucked.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Watching the game ... they didn't even replay that one... I swear the refs had it out for us on that drive.. Pathetic!