Daunte Culpepper to Miami?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
There's talk in Minneapolis that Miami might discuss a trade with the Vikings about QB Daunte Culpepper, who likes Dolphins and ex-Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Culpepper -- out with a knee injury and charged with three misdemeanors from the party boat incident -- told ESPN's Andrea Kremer, ''I want to play where I'm wanted.'' . . . After playing with both, Gus Frerotte has concluded, `` Chris Chambers is a better all-around receiver than Randy Moss. . . . Chris runs a lot of different routes really well. He blocks.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/13455039.htm

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
the guy pulled the trifecta on his knee. i'd be very careful about a trade for him. he's not even sure if he's going to play next year.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I wonder what Miami will have to give up to get Culpepper?
Ricky for Daunte straight up? Hmmm, a pothead whose best days are behind him for an injured sex offender? Sounds about right.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
Ricky for Daunte straight up? Hmmm, a pothead whose best days are behind him for an injured sex offender? Sounds about right.

Ok now who did what? LOL

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I've said it before....most people don't know how devastating of an injury it is to tear ALL THREE ligaments in your knee is.

"Normal" people would never walk 100% normally again. This helps Culpepper, however, Culpepper is a FOOTBALL PLAYER and needs to be able to do more than just WALK normally.

I'll tell you right now that he won't play next year. Mark it down. I am honestly not even too sure that his career can continue. He WILL NOT be the same QB that he was in the past.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I'll tell you right now that he won't play next year. Mark it down. I am honestly not even too sure that his career can continue. He WILL NOT be the same QB that he was in the past.

You mean he won't be a turnover machine?:laugh2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Ricky for Daunte? Yea right.

They JUST traded Randy Last year. They kept Daunte b/c he is their franchise qb. What do you HONESTLY think Brad Johnson is better? He's 350 years old. The dude went 1-6 against teams with winning records. What the heck is so special that you'd trade a younger, faster, more talented qb and keep him?

these are rumors nfl analyst make up to spark interest in themselves.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast said:
Ricky for Daunte? Yea right.

They JUST traded Randy Last year. They kept Daunte b/c he is their franchise qb. What do you HONESTLY think Brad Johnson is better? He's 350 years old. The dude went 1-6 against teams with winning records. What the heck is so special that you'd trade a younger, faster, more talented qb and keep him?

these are rumors nfl analyst make up to spark interest in themselves.

Culpepper looked like **** and Johnson took the same cast and was able to get the Vike back into contention. Culpepper better? not without Moss he is not better. As for as age well that old man out played Culpepper every which way.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Culpepper looked like **** and Johnson took the same cast and was able to get the Vike back into contention. Culpepper better? not without Moss he is not better. As for as age well that old man out played Culpepper every which way.
But then played better competition the last 2 games and looked about as bad as you claim Culpeper looked. :rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This reminds me alot of how folks thought Drew Bledsoe was gonna suck.

Culpepper was an MVP candidate previously and can certainly throw the ball, run the ball and break tackles.

Yes he had a bad year.
Yes the Vikes are in turmoil due to a rather out of control team with an in over his head coach.

But I would gladly take Culpepper here.

He has a career QB rating of 91.5.
He has tossed 135 TDs already.
He is in the prime of his career and under 30 years old.

Yes he is recovering form an injury and likely had such a bad season trying to play through at least a partial tear. Seldom will a guy tear all 3 at once unless there was already a problem there. But he isn't a CB, WR, or even RB. He is a QB. Making quick cuts is not his forte.

The Vikings are not gonan be able to trade him because of his cap cost so he'll get cut in all likelihood. When/if he gets cut he would be a viable option for all but about 10 teams. He'll probably need good blocking for a year or two as his knee and mobility get back into shape but he isn't some dog at QB by far.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JIGGYFLY said:
But then played better competition the last 2 games and looked about as bad as you claim Culpeper looked. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Johnson is great but he has accomplished a lot more than that hack in Minn. Culpepper without Moss looked lost. You can roll your eyes all you want but the truth is he stunk the place up. Johnson took the same players and got them back into the race and that was a lot more than Culpepper was doing.